Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 02:48 AM)
Wow, you're really new at this whole college bball thing aren't you :bang

Yeah I know, Duke trumps all. Whatever, I'll live. The channel settings for the semis were pre-determined before the tourney even started, so I guess I can't be too mad. The game will probably be on somewhere up on our campus.

Direct TV includes ESPN U, yes?

Iowa played a pretty solid game against Alabama. They led most of the first half until finishing the half down a bucket and than were not able to overcome a ton of foul trouble (big's were all in foul trouble) and Bama pulled away and won by 12 (there biggest lead of the game).

Still, our true freshman Smith is looking fantastic, Freeman (whose already a good defensive guard) seems to have really improved his shot (and he's a good all around athlete) and we have the veteran Haluska thats a pretty darn good all around player (although I am curious to see if he can create his own shot). And down low Tate and Gorney look like they will be capable. In fact I think Tate could turn into a beast with time.

Iowa has a chance at being better than I expected (which was a team that would find itself sweating out selection Sunday on the bubble). I think they are capable of planting themselves squarely into the tourney if they stay healthy and continue to improve (and Alford's players always tend to get better each and every year.

Awesome -- Duke tomorrow night.

Matthews played really well on the offensive end. The best part about the win tonight was the effort down low. Marquette outrebounded Tech by at least ten. The trio of sophomores combined for 50+ points.

Tomorrow's going to be fun. I don't know if we have anybody who can guard McRoberts, but neither Nelson nor Shaier (sp?) will beat us. And if Coach K tries to go man, Wes Matthews will eat Schaier alive.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
Awesome -- Duke tomorrow night.

Matthews played really well on the offensive end. The best part about the win tonight was the effort down low. Marquette outrebounded Tech by at least ten. The trio of sophomores combined for 50+ points.

Tomorrow's going to be fun. I don't know if we have anybody who can guard McRoberts, but neither Nelson nor Shaier (sp?) will beat us. And if Coach K tries to go man, Wes Matthews will eat Schaier alive.

Scheyer, not that I give a damn about spelling but just for future reference.

I can't imagine that the rebounding margin was within 20. This with 7' 240 Ezmir Rizvic on the floor most of the game. Pretty sad.

Just looked it up, TTU 23 rebounds, 6'2 Jarrius Jackson leading rebounder with 6. Marquette had 39 boards.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 04:44 AM)
Scheyer, not that I give a damn about spelling but just for future reference.

No, I should probably know the correct spelling of a kid from Illinois.

BTW -- I think Paulus is going to have a tough time tomorrow night. Ditto Scheyer (as mentioned above). Coach K is going to have to go zone, because (without sounding too much like an arrogant bastard) those two can't man-up on James and McNeal/Matthews.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
Also, I got to admit that it's pretty odd to watch Scheyer play college ball as I've played with him before and I'm good friends with some of his good friends. :bang

Yeah, he's done mostly well at Duke so far. The Blue Devils looked ugly tonight though. If Air Force could have made some open 3s that would have been a very close game.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
I got a hunch that Depaul is going to take down UK.

I got a hunch DePaul will lose to Chaminade.