Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 days 'till the Dawgs tipoff against Quincy(yes, that's a real college...i guess). After playing a few cupcakes we have Murray State and then onto the Thanksgiving tournament where we'll face Arkansas in the first round and could potentially face 3 'bcs' teams. Then there is that December 17th date which should be fun. :)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 07:41 AM)
20 days 'till the Dawgs tipoff against Quincy(yes, that's a real college...i guess). After playing a few cupcakes we have Murray State and then onto the Thanksgiving tournament where we'll face Arkansas in the first round and could potentially face 3 'bcs' teams. Then there is that December 17th date which should be fun. :)

I almost went to Quincy, if that is the Illinois college they are playing. Isn't that an exhibition game? Washington of Missouri goes down in:

Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com

Beating Indiana twice in the same year in two different sports...priceless!

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 07:28 AM)
Well all the madness festivities take place tonight, so it's time for everybody's favorite thread.

:bringit

The Hot Chicks Thread is coming back????

Edited by Brian

The nation's number 2 preseason is just stacked this year. As Self said "this is finally my team, my recruits"

Chamlers, Robinson, Kaun, Giles, Rush, Jackson.

The two super freshman: Sherron Collins and future All American Darrell Arthur.

OH, and the best damn player I have ever seen wear the crimson and blue.

HF's Own

JUJU

1139233235_KU-Wright-dunk-celeb.jpg

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
But can they beat Belmont?

OH NO, WHAT ABOUT IF THEY PLAYED BAYLOR IN THE FIRST ROUND? CHAOS.

I'm hoping State can win 12-15 this year.

We thought of Baylor, cant play your own conference. These shenanigans are over, or Lawrence will turn into Detroit.

Hopefully, with the new slow-down way of playing which is sure to come under McDermott, along with actual defense, we'll have a shot at KU. That'd be a win for GMac to hang his hat on, unless he feels like knocking off Ohio State.

It's amazing, it used to be Iowa was our archrival in everything. Now Nebraska is moving up in football, and, goddammit, we want to beat the s*** outta Kansas.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
Hopefully, with the new slow-down way of playing which is sure to come under McDermott, along with actual defense, we'll have a shot at KU. That'd be a win for GMac to hang his hat on, unless he feels like knocking off Ohio State.

It's amazing, it used to be Iowa was our archrival in everything. Now Nebraska is moving up in football, and, goddammit, we want to beat the s*** outta Kansas.

Keep hoping, your will be a speck on our rear view mirror.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
Keep hoping, your will be a speck on our rear view mirror.

I'm pretty sure you guys still have as many national championships in the last 10 years as us. You know as well as I do that there's no pulling away from the Big 12 except in very rare circumstances.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
I'm pretty sure you guys still have as many national championships in the last 10 years as us. You know as well as I do that there's no pulling away from the Big 12 except in very rare circumstances.

KU will have two losses max in the big 12...cmon lets do some fun betting hear my fellow big 12er.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
College Basketball is my fav(besides the sox)...im so glad i can get the college bball package on directv.

^^^

IU basketball is my second favorite team behind the Sox.

And Mike White is the name people should keep an eye on for the Hoosiers this year; he's getting all kinds of praise right now. I'm excited to see what he's all about tonight.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
^^^

IU basketball is my second favorite team behind the Sox.

And Mike White is the name people should keep an eye on for the Hoosiers this year; he's getting all kinds of praise right now. I'm excited to see what he's all about tonight.

Sherron Collins makes me giddy..i love freshman, so many ways of explaining that term. :)

Can i be a college bball mod...that would be hot

My Hawks will probably have a down year, but we have some athletes coming in and the following years recruiting classes are looking very promising as well.

Its gonna be weird to see a Hawks game without Balding Brunner and Jeff Horner on the court.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
Whatevr happened with that Illini basketball prospect dude... that Indiana was trying to recruit after he already committed to Illinois.

eric gordon committed to IU today.

Bruce was wearing leather tonight.

I checked out the first NIU practice tonight, they are one of the favorites to win the MAC. A lot of new guys, but the talent level is WAY higher than last years team, which won the MAC West. That made me feel quite a bit better, I'm really glad I don't go to Illinois, must be a morgue down there tonight at practice.

We had a good 14,000+ in AH tonight. It was fun, as it was the first I attended (tests freshman year and game 3 of the ALCS last year).

EJ got a nice chant from the crowd and acknowledged everyone; that was pretty sweet. Sampson's little speech to kick off the men's portion was great. He definitely has EVERYONE in his corner now, and everything else was pretty fun. I may update more later.

Here's a fun pic from the night:

indc1101014001024x768oj3.th.jpg