Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
You won by 2 points.

Also Noah had 17, plus you gave up 17 offensive rebounds.

Im not going to lie, if you outshoot the team 54% to 44% Id hope you would win.

The game did go into overtime...giving them plenty of time to get plenty of o rebounds.

No its makes perfect sense for this jayhawk team. They never get outplayed, just coach Giggles does not change anything during the game and gets outcoacehd.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 03:31 PM)
But with a 10% shooting margin advantage, you should have won by far more points.

The reason you did not was because of second chance shots.

29-65

30-56

They shot 9 more times and had 5 less ft's attempts, but still kept it close.

Recipe for a loss usually.

We also blew a 7 point lead with under a minute. This was also pre Sherron Collins days, this kid is our best player by far.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
every team uses the same rhetoric. cliche'

But Kansas is one of a handful of teams in the country that has the talent to back up such claim. UNC, Florida, UCLA, OSU are the 4 other teams that do. Wisconsin goes down to any of those teams when they play at there absolute best (even if Wiscy does). However, Wiscy does a nice job trying to prevent other teams from having that sort of game and they can grind teams out of there element (and they find a way to win and have some very good wins) which is why they are no doubt a title contender.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)
No its makes perfect sense for this jayhawk team. They never get outplayed, just coach Giggles does not change anything during the game and gets outcoacehd.

Like I said, Every team says the same thing. Its cliche'

The man thing to do is to admit when another team is better than you were on that night, and give them their props instead of saying things like "We beat ourselves."

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
But Kansas is one of a handful of teams in the country that has the talent to back up such claim. UNC, Florida, UCLA, OSU are the 4 other teams that do. Wisconsin goes down to any of those teams when they play at there absolute best (even if Wiscy does). However, Wiscy does a nice job trying to prevent other teams from having that sort of game and they can grind teams out of there element (and they find a way to win and have some very good wins) which is why they are no doubt a title contender.

The game isnt played on paper. Good/great teams get beat when they "arent supposed to" every year. Sometimes a scheme will catch another team off guard, it just ahpppens

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
So why would you be confident against a Wisconsin team that makes great line up changes and plays its strengths well?

If anything that is a match up nitemare for the Jayhawks.

AS Chisoxfna says, those are your top teams....Wisconsin grinds it out, but they appear soft at times, which will be their ulitmate downfall. That and they rely on Tucker way too much.

I really dont understand this:

They rely on Tucker to much.

If anything they have completely scaled back his role in the offense and generally he gets his points late in the game when the Badgers are rolling.

Some times like against Iowa he just cant miss, but lets look at the Badgers marquee wins and who was the biggest contributor:

Pitt: Tucker 32, Butch 27

Marquette: Tucker 28

OSU: Tucker 17, Kam Taylor 25

In the Pitt game Butch was the biggest factor eventhough Tucker scored 32. He was the reason the game was broken wide open with his 3-point shooting.

Against OSU it was Taylor who really did the job.

Its not that concerning that he shoots 2x as many shots as everyone else, because his fg% is at .486 plus he gets to the line a lot.

As a side note, Tucker has played less minutes than Taylor ;)

Edited by Soxbadger

Taylor & Butch have hit some huge shots for the Badgers, both had some big ones against the Hawkeyes and those two guys are the reason why Tucker is so good because he can and will pass to those guys when he gets the doubles and they both are fully capable of knocking down the big shots.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
I really dont understand this:

They rely on Tucker to much.

If anything they have completely scaled back his role in the offense and generally he gets his points late in the game when the Badgers are rolling.

Some times like against Iowa he just cant miss, but lets look at the Badgers marquee wins and who was the biggest contributor:

Pitt: Tucker 32, Butch 27

Marquette: Tucker 28

OSU: Tucker 17, Kam Taylor 25

In the Pitt game Butch was the biggest factor eventhough Tucker scored 32. He was the reason the game was broken wide open with his 3-point shooting.

Against OSU it was Taylor who really did the job.

Its not that concerning that he shoots 2x as many shots as everyone else, because his fg% is at .486 plus he gets to the line a lot.

As a side note, Tucker has played less minutes than Taylor ;)

Care to make a friendly wager on who goes further this year??

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)
haha Self better than Roy...that must have WsoxShuf you were talking with.

Jimbo hates Self with an ubridled passion.

Benedict Roy is miles ahead a better coach than Self. Not with recruiting however, where Self may not have the mind to put together a an actual team that will gel, I'd rather have him recruit for me before anyone else. I don't know what he tells these kids, but they sure LOVE his Kool-Aid.

Let's make not Roy out to the next Pitino or Coach K though.... he's had plenty more talented teams than the one whe FINALLY won with at UNC. I still cant forgive him for his crap gameplan against and letting Miles Simon burn us in 1997. Ohh well, he's a liar anyways.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
Sure thing ;)

Although i dont want to jinx Wisconsin by dealing with a KU fan and getting some of your first round germs on my team.

I like you kid....lets do the wagering over PM's...WE dont want to spam anymore do we???

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)
Benedict Roy is miles ahead a better coach than Self. Not with recruiting however, where Self may not have the mind to put together a an actual team that will gel, I'd rather have him recruit for me before anyone else. I don't know what he tells these kids, but they sure LOVE his Kool-Aid.

Let's make not Roy out to the next Pitino or Coach K though.... he's had plenty more talented teams than the one whe FINALLY won with at UNC. I still cant forgive him for his crap gameplan against and letting Miles Simon burn us in 1997. Ohh well, he's a liar anyways.

took you long enough to show up...thanks support system. Roy was a good recruiter, but he decided to do every other year.

He goes from Gooden, Hinrich and Collison and follows it up with Nash and Niang...I mean cmon.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
I like you kid....lets do the wagering over PM's...WE dont want to spam anymore do we???

took you long enough to show up...thanks support system. Roy was a good recruiter, but he decided to do every other year.

He goes from Gooden, Hinrich and Collison and follows it up with Nash and Niang...I mean cmon.

Can I blame it on the snow??

Roy fell in love with certain type of players with recruting..... the crappy inmobile white flaky center (ie. Eric Chenoworthless and David Padgett) and the mcdonald's all american that won dunk contests but cant play D or shoot a consistent jumper. ie. Kenny Gregory, J.R. Giddens

btw, Kansas would easily handle the Badgers on a neutral court. Badgers havent seen D like that in the Big 10. Not this year.

Quick question(s) not related ...is SIU on tv anywhere tonight?? Missouri St favored by 5?? Is this right??

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)

Roy fell in love with certain type of players with recruting..... the crappy inmobile white flaky center (ie. Eric Chenoworthless and David Padgett) and the mcdonald's all american that won dunk contests but cant play D or shoot a consistent jumper. ie. Kenny Gregory, J.R. Giddens

btw, Kansas would easily handle the Badgers on a neutral court. Badgers havent seen D like that in the Big 10. Not this year.

Quick question(s) not related ...is SIU on tv anywhere tonight?? Missouri St favored by 5?? Is this right??

So so true...Our defense is lockdown,and they have not seen a point guard in the big 10 like Sherron.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)

Dont mean to brag but I'd say Indiana's D is pretty damn good.

In reference to my listing of players that have been injured this year:

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
Excuses excuses...

In response to the badger's posting about kstate vs illinois resume

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)
Kstate also lost their best player for the entire year. I would give the nod to K-State, at least they beat a top 25 team on the road.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
Then you just contridicted yourself. Indiana is in the Big Ten and we have played Wisconsin.

Huh......you just threw stuff at me and combined that with a previous idea. Sampson may love D, but wait till he gets his own kids in their, thats talented D Mike Davis was lets just stay, dumb with his recruiting.