Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 05:32 PM)
Huh......you just threw stuff at me and combined that with a previous idea. Sampson may love D, but wait till he gets his own kids in their, thats talented D Mike Davis was lets just stay, dumb with his recruiting.

What the hell does that statement even mean?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 05:32 PM)
Well are they THAT good or is their homecourt ad the reason behind this??

Missouri State is good, but even if they were bad, SIU Always plays bad at Missouri State. It is almost like a sure loss. Hopefully we can change that tonight.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 05:41 PM)
Missouri State is good, but even if they were bad, SIU Always plays bad at Missouri State. It is almost like a sure loss. Hopefully we can change that tonight.

Ya, that. Nothing behind it besides what Brian said. I will say that I'm pretty surprised to see us getting that many points but I figured Mo State would be a few point favorite.

btw, Kansas would easily handle the Badgers on a neutral court. Badgers havent seen D like that in the Big 10. Not this year.

This post is some what mind boggling.

Do you have any reason to say this beyond your pure homerism?

Wisconsin has had 70+ points scored on them: 3 times

Kansas has had 70+ scored on them: 5 times, including 2 times in the last 2 games.

The only good defensive teams you have played this season have beat you, yet you think you are going to beat arguably the best defensive team in the big 10?

Im sorry but if Kansas had the ability to beat Wisconsin they would have beaten AM or Tech.

Does Kansas outside of the Florida win even have a victory against a top 25 opponent outside of the Big 12?

Its one thing for you guys to come here and knock Illinois, but come on if KU is in the Big 10 you are fighting for 3-4 spot with indiana. You are no where near OSU or Wisconsin in terms of winning.

You may have more McD's etc, but that does not mean that when you show up that they are just going to give you the victory.

Its clear that you guys have not watched Wisconsin play, and are still relying on the old "Dick Bennet" style.

I think there is a reason most of the national media is saying that Wisconsin is one of the top 4 teams, where as they are not saying it about KU.

Oh and on this:

point guard in the big 10 like Sherron.

GP MIN PTS REB AST

Player A: 25 20.9 9.6 2.2 2.8

Player B:25 30.1 10.4 3.0 6.3

Assists TO Steals:

Player A: 70 38 14

Player B: 157 52 58

One has played the Badgers, one has not.

They are both freshman also, didnt want you crying about how Collins didnt have enough experience. ;)

Wisconsin has had 70+ points scored on them: 3 times

Kansas has had 70+ scored on them: 5 times, including 2 times in the last 2 games.

Both KU and Wiscy are fantastic defensive teams. Both rank in the top 10 in points allowed per possession, KU is actually a tad better according to that stat(just one stat, but a good one).

Im sorry but if Kansas had the ability to beat Wisconsin they would have beaten AM or Tech.

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense

Its one thing for you guys to come here and knock Illinois, but come on if KU is in the Big 10 you are fighting for 3-4 spot with indiana. You are no where near OSU or Wisconsin in terms of winning.

tOSU has more top 50 wins than KU while KU has more top 100 wins, Wiscy easily has the best resume out of the 3 but KU definitely has the best win of the bunch and to be honest, you can easily compare them to OSU in terms of resume's

I think there is a reason most of the national media is saying that Wisconsin is one of the top 4 teams, where as they are not saying it about KU.

This is just a bad argument.

If KU and Wiscy played each other in the tournament I'd be picking Wiscy but to act as if Wiscy and OSU are so much better than KU is just wrong imo.

OSU and Wisconsin are much better at winning games they are supposed to win.

And Kansas fans have yet to present an argument for why they present a more difficult match up than any of the other teams that we have faced.

Im not saying that KU couldnt win just that:

btw, Kansas would easily handle the Badgers on a neutral court. Badgers havent seen D like that in the Big 10. Not this year.

EASILY HANDLE.

Thats just homerism

My argument was against the fact that KU could easily handle Wisconsin, not an argument that Wisconsin and OSU are head and shoulders above KU.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 12:37 AM)
you can easily compare them to OSU in terms of resume's

Sorry, but no you can't.

The OSU File

RPI: 3

SOS: 15

Record: 22-3(10-1 in 4th best conference)

VS. RPI Top 50: 7-3

3 Best wins: Indiana- 17(Home), Tenneesee-14(Home), Illinois-41(Away)

RPI 50+ losses: None

The KU File

RPI: 18

SOS: 49

Record: 21-4(8-2 in 7th best conference)

VS. RPI Top 50: 5-2

3 Best Wins: Florida-8(Neutral), Oklahoma State-24(Home), USC-48(Home)

RPI 50+ losses: Oral Roberts-92(Home), DePaul-67(Away)

Wow, can't believe people are still arguing with KU fans. I'll give you a hint, they live in their own world. They can't get over Roy leaving Kansas for his alma mater after building the program into the current level KU enjoys now. Nevermind the 15+ years of loyalty he showed, while Bill job hopping Self is at his 4th head coaching gig and counting. Maybe they are just nervous that Bill Self will be the first applicant at a better job if Carolina, Duke, or Kentucky's job open up. They need to come out of the phog.

When they stay in their own world KU fans and myself have no problem.

Its when they start to beat their little chicken wings against their chest and try and tell the rest of the world how great they are that all of a sudden I just get an irresistable urge.

Now let me have my fun, I still want to hear about how Sherron Collins is better than every single pg that Wisconsin has faced.

Its like a comedy.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 01:21 AM)
Wow, can't believe people are still arguing with KU fans. I'll give you a hint, they live in their own world. They can't get over Roy leaving Kansas for his alma mater after building the program into the current level KU enjoys now. Nevermind the 15+ years of loyalty he showed, while Bill job hopping Self is at his 4th head coaching gig and counting. Maybe they are just nervous that Bill Self will be the first applicant at a better job if Carolina, Duke, or Kentucky's job open up. They need to come out of the phog.

and a shot to the solar plexus.

:D