Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Mar 7, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)
Just dawned upon me looking ast Lunardi's brackets, UNLV is slotted to get a 4 seed and I have yet to see this team in action at all. Does the MWC tourney start tonight?? I love me some late night hoops provided Mark Few isnt coaching the team that is on.

It technically started last night with TCU beating New Mexico but it resumes tomorrow. UNLV is a solid team but I'm not sold on any of the 3 at large candidates in the Mountain West to be honest. I think SDSU is the team that can make the most noise out of that conference next week, but the only way they get in is to win this tournament.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 7, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
Huge comeback in the Big Sky final. Northern Arizona was down 21 and they've come all the way back, down 2 now with 4 and a half to go.

Just too much of a deficit to overcome, Weber State is dancing.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 12:27 PM)
*shivers*

Here's Tylers new noseguard.

hbrough2.jpg

'Noles move on to face the Heels, and try to solidify a placein the NCAA. Should be interesting.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

Air Force goes down in the quarters of the MWC tourny. That's their 4th loss in a row and they've put themselves a little too close to the bubble for comfort. They're still most likely in, but I wouldn't feel at ease if I were a Falcon fan.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 06:43 PM)
Air Force should be out of the tourney after losing to Wyoming today. 4 straight losses including a loss to an awful TCU team and now only 10-7 in the MWC. Not a tourney team.

Completely agree. Air Force has never won a game in the Mountain West tourney.

Edited by WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
Completely agree. Air Force has never won a game in the NCAA tourney.

Well that has nothing to do with this year. They do still have some things going for them as they're 9 and 6 in road/neutral games, they have two solid ooc wins(3 if u include @ Santa Clara) and they also have the one win over UNLV in conference, they also have a pretty solid rpi. Now, you can certainly make a case against them and if I'm on the committee, I wouldn't have them in, BUT I still think they find their way into the field.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
Well that has nothing to do with this year. They do still have some things going for them as they're 9 and 6 in road/neutral games, they have two solid ooc wins(3 if u include @ Santa Clara) and they also have the one win over UNLV in conference, they also have a pretty solid rpi. Now, you can certainly make a case against them and if I'm on the committee, I wouldn't have them in, BUT I still think they find their way into the field.

My fault, I meant the Mountain West tourney.

As much as Vitale has become almost too big of a character and irritates the hell out of me sometimes, I definitely think he deserves it.

Vitale has been good for college basketball over the years. I think he has helped create interest and made it interesting. In recent years he only does the big games and always seems to champion the same teams, which gets old, but he hasn't always been that way.

I know many will disagree with me, but I am comfortable with his contribution to the sport of basketball. Then again, I don't have a vote.

SDSU is about to lose to Colorado State, I just don't get it. That team is uber talented and they've just had an awful year. Good news for bubble teams though as SDSU definitely had the talent to make a run through that tourny, now BYU or UNLV are almost assured of winning that thing.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
Doyel is a complete idiot. How the hell does he even have a job?

If your out there and crazy with opinions, the media will pay you as long as you'd like, no matter how dumb you are. SEE: Coulter, Ann

Also, things are going really well for bubble teams so far. Hopefully it keeps up.