Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news out of Evansville. Coach Steve Merfeld is gone. I have gotten differing reports over whether he has resigned or been fired, but I don't think there is much difference.

Now let's hope the right coach can be found.

Side notes: Royce Waltman is out at Indiana State and supposedly Dr. Tom Davis is retiring from Drake.

IU is blasting Penn State, which it should do at home. Up 85-59 with 2 minutes left. IU has drained 15 3's. Why can't they do that on the road??

Edit: Final 94-63 Rod Wilmont finished with 21 points in his last game at Assembly Hall. Greasy, I want a full report on Senior Night here or in a PM!

Edited by Rex Hudler

Not that anyone else cares again, but Texas Tech won their 20th tonight against Heads' guys in Ames. Wasn't the best officiated game, Tech seemed to get more calls than ISU for whatever reason. TTU is now 20-11 and finished 9-7 in the Big 12, hopefully clinching a berth. TTU might get the chance to make sure the committee chooses them over KSU, as TTU plays Colorado in the first and then KSU in the 2nd if they win.

As for UNC and sharing the ACC title, I'm sure they will find a way to give it away against Duke as well.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)
IU is blasting Penn State, which it should do at home. Up 85-59 with 2 minutes left. IU has drained 15 3's. Why can't they do that on the road??

Edit: Final 94-63 Rod Wilmont finished with 21 points in his last game at Assembly Hall. Greasy, I want a full report on Senior Night here or in a PM!

My friend was there and he said Suhr's speech was hilarious. He started off by saying well first I'd like to thank everyone from when I was growing up, Zach, AC, Screech, Kelly..... Im sure itll be on YouTube tomorrow.

God I love my Jayhawks..The game was so much fun today, Durant is the best college player i have ever seen. I did not think Texas was going to ever miss a shot, but much respect to the jayhawks for taking the beating, staying close and then pulling away.

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker

Big win for Marquette playing without its best player (McNeal -- sprained thumb) for the whole game and without the 'star' (James) for the last 10 minutes of the game due to cramping.

They played an amazing first half and let down a bit in the second half, but still held on. Nice W. That should plant MU firmly at a #6-7 seed in the tourney -- a five is possible if they win two games (at least), and an eight is possible if they bow out in the first round.

Very proud of the effort they gave tonight.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 09:50 PM)
Not that anyone else cares again, but Texas Tech won their 20th tonight against Heads' guys in Ames. Wasn't the best officiated game, Tech seemed to get more calls than ISU for whatever reason. TTU is now 20-11 and finished 9-7 in the Big 12, hopefully clinching a berth. TTU might get the chance to make sure the committee chooses them over KSU, as TTU plays Colorado in the first and then KSU in the 2nd if they win.

As for UNC and sharing the ACC title, I'm sure they will find a way to give it away against Duke as well.

Yeah, it was a s***game at the end.

The fun part was it got really quiet as I yelled "PLEFKA! YOURE A b****!" I got some weird looks.

ISU vs Oklahoma on Thurs. Winner gets KU.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 09:27 AM)
But can they beat Belmont?

OH NO, WHAT ABOUT IF THEY PLAYED BAYLOR IN THE FIRST ROUND? CHAOS.

I'm hoping State can win 12-15 this year.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 09:58 AM)
KU will have two losses max in the big 12...cmon lets do some fun betting hear my fellow big 12er.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 10:07 AM)
I've missed college basketball. :) I will say 2-3 losses in the conference are about what I expect out of Kansas.

We're goddamn psychics.

Dukies go down again, UNC won comfortably.

Interesting ending though, Hansbrough took an elbow from Henderson, looks like he might have broken his nose. Henderson was ejected and is suspended for the next game.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 01:03 PM)
#2 UCLA falls at Washington.

Took Washington enough time to wake up. They are one of the most talented teams in the country and I doubt they go dancing. THe Pac 10 is so good and yes, Washington >>>> every team in the Big Ten aside from OSU and Wisconsin (thats how good the pac 10 is this year).

I want the Bulls to draft Horford.

Drexel and Old Dominion go down along with Hofstra last night as George Mason makes a Cinderella run to the finals. After all this, is the Colonial a bid conference? Even with a GMU win tommorrow, VC has the worst RPI of all of them despite being the best team, so I doubt they get an at-large and the CAA does indeed end up being a one bid league.

Also, Marist is down 7 with four minutes to play in their semis.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 06:46 PM)
Drexel and Old Dominion go down along with Hofstra last night as George Mason makes a Cinderella run to the finals. After all this, is the Colonial a bid conference? Even with a GMU win tommorrow, VC has the worst RPI of all of them despite being the best team, so I doubt they get an at-large and the CAA does indeed end up being a one bid league.

Also, Marist is down 7 with four minutes to play in their semis.

Foxes lose. Too bad, I really wanted to see JJ in the tourny, he's a blast to watch.