Hinrich re-signs with the Bulls

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 11:04 AM)
Sweetness. 5 years at 47 mil seems below NBA market value for him, considering some of the hacks that get max deals.

Most of those hacks are at least 6'10"...

Still, pretty solid deal on both sides. Good to see him stick around.

Guys, it is re-sign, not resign. He re-signed the contract with the Bulls. He did not resign his position with the Bulls. Please, it really isn't that difficult. The two words are pretty much complete opposites, so to put the wrong one in the headline of a topic can be very misleading.

Anyways, it is very nice to see. I am a big fan of Hinrich and what he brings to the team.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Guys, it is re-sign, not resign. He re-signed the contract with the Bulls. He did not resign his position with the Bulls. Please, it really isn't that difficult. The two words are pretty much complete opposites, so to put the wrong one in the headline of a topic can be very misleading.

Anyways, it is very nice to see. I am a big fan of Hinrich and what he brings to the team.

Yeah, not writing re-sign is almost as ridiculous as someone seeing the headline and thinking, "My gosh, Hinrich has resigned from the sport of Basketball."

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, not writing re-sign is almost as ridiculous as someone seeing the headline and thinking, "My gosh, Hinrich has resigned from the sport of Basketball."

Oh, let me see if I can read the entire post that was written:

so to put the wrong one in the headline of a topic can be very misleading.

In this particular instance it wasn't difficult to figure out. However, this is a common occurrance. In some instances it IS very misleading in the headline of a topic. I am very sorry if I insulted you Milkman, but sometimes it is better to be corrected and possibly learn from mistakes rather than keep on doing the same crap over and over again even though it is wrong. Possibly you did not know this and you are now trying to put me down because you didn't. That is fine, but at least you know now.

Plus if you resign your position you are not necessarily resigning from your profession. In most cases you certainly are not. If he would have resigned from the Bulls he could and most probably would sign with another team. This happens all the time. I'm surprised you did not know this as well. I am not saying it happens with players on sports teams, but it is common in all professions. A possible example for a professional athletic team is Aramis Ramirez with the Cubs. He basically resigned his position with the Cubs. He may or may not be back with the team, but he will definitely sign on with some other organization in professional baseball.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
Oh, let me see if I can read the entire post that was written:

In this particular instance it wasn't difficult to figure out. However, this is a common occurrance. In some instances it IS very misleading in the headline of a topic. I am very sorry if I insulted you Milkman, but sometimes it is better to be corrected and possibly learn from mistakes rather than keep on doing the same crap over and over again even though it is wrong. Possibly you did not know this and you are now trying to put me down because you didn't. That is fine, but at least you know now.

Plus if you resign your position you are not necessarily resigning from your profession. In most cases you certainly are not. If he would have resigned from the Bulls he could and most probably would sign with another team. This happens all the time. I'm surprised you did not know this as well. I am not saying it happens with players on sports teams, but it is common in all professions. A possible example for a professional athletic team is Aramis Ramirez with the Cubs. He basically resigned his position with the Cubs. He may or may not be back with the team, but he will definitely sign on with some other organization in professional baseball.

I just think it's ridiculous that you're correcting grammar on the internet. To my knowledge, I use correct grammar here all the time. I just don't tell people to do the same.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just think it's ridiculous that you're correcting grammar on the internet. To my knowledge, I use correct grammar here all the time. I just don't tell people to do the same.

And my opinion differ from yours. Maybe if you did you would help someone out that didn't know any better instead of turning a blind eye to it and keep on letting the person look like an idiot. Resign and re-sign are two completely different words. Help someone out that is ignorant to that fact instead of letting it continue. How ridiculous is that?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
And my opinion differ from yours. Maybe if you did you would help someone out that didn't know any better instead of turning a blind eye to it and keep on letting the person look like an idiot. Resign and re-sign are two completely different words. Help someone out that is ignorant to that fact instead of letting it continue. How ridiculous is that?

i was at work and typed fast. missed the hyphen. my bad. if you want to extrapolate that out to idiocy and ignorance rather than some haphazard typing, well that's certainly your prerogative. i'd guess most would see it differently.

anyhow, great to see hinrich back.

Edited by thedoctor

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was at work and typed fast. missed the hyphen. my bad. if you want to extrapolate that out to idiocy and ignorance rather than some haphazard typing, well that's certainly your prerogative. i'd guess most would see it differently.

anyhow, great to see hinrich back.

And you think every time that mistake is made around here and every other place that I have seen it, it is because of "haphazard typing?" I think not, but that is certainly your prerogative. I'd guess most would see that differently. It seems like a common mistake people make and it shouldn't be made because when the hyphen is excluded the meaning is now the complete opposite of what you want it to mean.

I compare it to watching the people on talk shows that repeatedly say conversate instead of converse. There is no such word as conversate, yet the same ignorant people use it over and over again and they make themselves look like idiots.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)

hahahahahahahahahaha