Wii

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 12:14 AM)
because u didnt want to wait a week lol? Of the 3 systems after playing the wii tonight I can easily say the 360 will probably be the worse.

Good to know, I haven't played the 360 but if I buy one it'll probably be the Wii since it's the cheapest and I mostly only play sports games anyways.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
Good to know, I haven't played the 360 but if I buy one it'll probably be the Wii since it's the cheapest and I mostly only play sports games anyways.

if you only play sports games, the wii probably isn't the best choice.

I'm gonna buy the 360 later today at Costco and set it up. I was won over when I realized I could stream high definition content I have on my computer to my big screen.

Of course I don't have XP Media Center but apparently you can still do it, I'm just going to have to figure out how. Plus I can stream all my music over.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
I love 360, but I want to get a Wii just because it's a different sort of console. IMO Wii shouldn't go up against PS3 and 360; It stands by itself.

which is the way nintendo wants you to look at it. They intentionally made it drastically different because they knew they couldn't compete in the same kind of market as the other two.

Pretty awesome move by them.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
Or because Wii + 360 is about the same price as PS3 and well that's a pretty easy choice.

the 360 if you buy the internet adapter with is like only maybe 120 dollars cheaper than the ps3.. maybe a little more. And than since ps3 has free internet and 360 doesnt thats another 60 dollars a year. And than the fact that the ps3 is just a better system unless your a halo fan...

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
the 360 if you buy the internet adapter with is like only maybe 120 dollars cheaper than the ps3.. maybe a little more. And than since ps3 has free internet and 360 doesnt thats another 60 dollars a year. And than the fact that the ps3 is just a better system unless your a halo fan...

Well in that case............

I mean s***, with these facts how has 360 sold any units?

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
It remains to be seen whether or not it will be the best choice for sports games overall, but Madden Wii beats the pants of any of the other versions.

So how does that work, you hit the button for a snap and do the arm motion to throw the ball? I haven't really followed the Wii, but remember hearing about how the controller had some motion sensors

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)

If I had the money, the PS3 would be my hands down choice. It's the most powerful of the three, has a blu-ray player, free internet play (which was a HUGE plus on the PS2), and is home of my two favorite games Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid (though somebody here has told me MGS is no longer exclusive) even despite the MGS creator saying differently. But since I'm strapped for cash, I'll be getting the Wii because I enjoy a good game of Mario and have always loved Zelda. But soon as my wallet fills up a bit, I'm heading out to get the PS3.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
So how does that work, you hit the button for a snap and do the arm motion to throw the ball? I haven't really followed the Wii, but remember hearing about how the controller had some motion sensors

I think you do some sort of motion with the controller for both. The PS3 controller has a motion sensor too, but I've never read, nor heard how it works.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 04:11 AM)
Well in that case............

I mean s***, with these facts how has 360 sold any units?

Some people are blind to certain systems for instance... some people will only buy a ps3 no matter what because they had a ps2 and ps1 b4 that and its the same thing for people who had an xbox. Also there is the fact that the 360 came out earlier and right now is easier to get..... and than there is the halo which is a major selling point too.

But unless you are a huge halo fan and have to get it, the ps3 is by far the better unit and considering what I said about costs its not really a big difference at all when it comes down to it. But hey, if you want a 360... im not going to stop you.

Also the Wii is so different from both of these systems that if you have the cash I would suggest buying it along with one of the ps3/360.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 01:49 AM)
But unless you are a huge halo fan and have to get it, the ps3 is by far the better unit and considering what I said about costs its not really a big difference at all when it comes down to it. But hey, if you want a 360... im not going to stop you.

I used to be all about Sony until I had 3 systems break in a row in the span of two weeks. After that I was pissed at sony and didnt want them to get anymore of my money for a game system (haha, not that one person really matters).

Also, I love Xbox live even though I have to pay for it. I would take that over the old ps2 internet. I have to say I'm really not too familiar with how ps3's online works.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
Some people are blind to certain systems for instance... some people will only buy a ps3 no matter what because they had a ps2 and ps1 b4 that and its the same thing for people who had an xbox. Also there is the fact that the 360 came out earlier and right now is easier to get..... and than there is the halo which is a major selling point too.

Also the Wii is so different from both of these systems that if you have the cash I would suggest buying it along with one of the ps3/360.

Xbox also has a firmware update that allows you to play *b*rned* games. So no mod chip crap. But ya, I think Microsoft is going to have to do something about the lack of wireless (having to pay an extra 90) and the fact that you have to pay for online service. That said it works seamlessly with your computer network which is a major plus.

2k Sports announced a MLB game for the wii. Can't wait to play an actual baseball game with these controls.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 06:23 AM)
I think you do some sort of motion with the controller for both. The PS3 controller has a motion sensor too, but I've never read, nor heard how it works.

Ps3 has no motion sensing, just tilt sensing. Basically, it has the power of the Wii Nunchuck, not the actual controller.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 11:00 AM)
I used to be all about Sony until I had 3 systems break in a row in the span of two weeks. After that I was pissed at sony and didnt want them to get anymore of my money for a game system (haha, not that one person really matters).

Also, I love Xbox live even though I have to pay for it. I would take that over the old ps2 internet. I have to say I'm really not too familiar with how ps3's online works.

Your right that the ps2 internet was not very good. But from what I heard the ps3 internet is much more advanced than the 360 one. And atleast for now its free too...

Also yes to the person who said Gears of War was amazing... it is. Im not a huge halo fan but if I was to get a 360 it would basicly be for Gears of War.