Zelda: Twilight Princess

greasywheels121

I'm too lazy to find the Wii thread.

My bro got this for GC for Christmas. I'm assuming it's the same game on the two systems.

I just started playing it this week, and I'm getting pretty hooked. But I'm at a frustrated point; I've beaten two of the Twilight Worlds (Forest and Death Mountain).

I'm stuck just looking for these damn insects in the final twilight realm. I need to find two more. Did anyone else have problems finding the last set? I've gotten all of the obvious ones in the Zora area and Lake Hylia. Are they scattered through Hyrule or something?

Hopefully someone can help me out.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
I'm too lazy to find the Wii thread.

My bro got this for GC for Christmas. I'm assuming it's the same game on the two systems.

I just started playing it this week, and I'm getting pretty hooked. But I'm at a frustrated point; I've beaten two of the Twilight Worlds (Forest and Death Mountain).

I'm stuck just looking for these damn insects in the final twilight realm. I need to find two more. Did anyone else have problems finding the last set? I've gotten all of the obvious ones in the Zora area and Lake Hylia. Are they scattered through Hyrule or something?

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Yes. If you haven't looked in the bar, look in there. Medina or whatever her name is will tell you where the final one is once you've collected the rest.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
I am stuck in the first temple. So far I have released three of the monkeys but I don't know where to go with them.

"Ooh man I can't wait to eat that monkey."

Yes, that is my contribution to this thread. Moving on.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 06:40 PM)
I am stuck in the first temple. So far I have released three of the monkeys but I don't know where to go with them.

They tell you where to go.

If they don't, the key is to search every room that you can. Eventually you'll find a key or a puzzle that will get things going again.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
They tell you where to go.

If they don't, the key is to search every room that you can. Eventually you'll find a key or a puzzle that will get things going again.

Found it, you need a total of four monkeys to move on. That fourth one is tricky..

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
So is this the best adventure sort of game anyone has played over the past couple of years?

I'm debating b/w buying a Wii or a XBOX360 right now FWIW.

I'd say so.

And now I'm stuck in Zora's place. I may have to give in and look up some stuff on the internet. That place is a serious maze with its setup.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 07:28 PM)
So is this the best adventure sort of game anyone has played over the past couple of years?

I'm debating b/w buying a Wii or a XBOX360 right now FWIW.

It's certainly a good game, but stacking up against the other Zelda titles, it's a bit weaker. The map isn't very large, there doesn't seem to be a lot of exploration to do -- and if there is any, it's not fun.

I'd stack up the top 3 Zelda's as such:

1. A Link to the Past

2. Windwaker

3. Ocarina of Time

I just finished with the stuff in Gerudo Desert; this story is awesome how they're tying this altogether. I like the Ganondorf cameo.

There's no way I'll be able to finish this before I leave on Friday; despite me playing this like it's a crack addiction. It'll give me something to look forward to for Spring Break though.

cameo...

its a kickass game - beat it like 2 weeks after getting it... i got ridiculously hooked.

i'd love to get other opinions after some of you guys beat it... i'm not sure i dig the end - but overall the game was phenominal

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 12:50 AM)
cameo...

its a kickass game - beat it like 2 weeks after getting it... i got ridiculously hooked.

i'd love to get other opinions after some of you guys beat it... i'm not sure i dig the end - but overall the game was phenominal

I was this was with Ocarina too. I won't be able to beat this until Mid-March, as I only get one more day at home, before I'm heading back to school.

Curious, how many hours did you log to beat it?

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 01:10 AM)
It's certainly a good game, but stacking up against the other Zelda titles, it's a bit weaker. The map isn't very large, there doesn't seem to be a lot of exploration to do -- and if there is any, it's not fun.

I'd stack up the top 3 Zelda's as such:

1. A Link to the Past

2. Windwaker

3. Ocarina of Time

wow your list disgusts me..

Windwaker was terrible

1. Majoras Mask

2. Ocarina of Time

Until I get to play twilight princess thats the list

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 01:30 AM)
wow your list disgusts me..

Windwaker was terrible

1. Majoras Mask

2. Ocarina of Time

Until I get to play twilight princess thats the list

Ditto, Majora's Mask was easily the worst of the series.

A Link to the Past and Windwaker have the best sidequests and the largest maps. Ocarina of time had a pretty big map too and some good sidequests, but it was the easiest of all that I've played. A Link to the Past is the only of them all with a challenging final boss.

I think this is an adequate addition to the series, but I dunno, I'm so pissed at Nintendo for not upgrading their technology with the Wii. I love Nintendo games, but I'm a technology nerd so my ps3 has takin over. I got Twilight Princess for the Gamecube and beat the first two temples but haven't picked it up since because I've been stuck playing NBA 2k7 and Resistance. When I tried to play it again on the cube the graphics were terrible. According to Gamespot, the Wii version graphics are practically the same. I don't understand why Nintendo wouldn't upgrade their next gen console just a little.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 08:16 AM)
I think this is an adequate addition to the series, but I dunno, I'm so pissed at Nintendo for not upgrading their technology with the Wii. I love Nintendo games, but I'm a technology nerd so my ps3 has takin over. I got Twilight Princess for the Gamecube and beat the first two temples but haven't picked it up since because I've been stuck playing NBA 2k7 and Resistance. When I tried to play it again on the cube the graphics were terrible. According to Gamespot, the Wii version graphics are practically the same. I don't understand why Nintendo wouldn't upgrade their next gen console just a little.

Gameplay > Graphics

Twilight Princess offers nothing that the previous games offer, that's my big beef with it. Every new game has offered something different.