Boers and Berstein

Boers and Bernstein  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy listening to their show

• yes
    • no

I absolutely loath sports talk radio. Outside of White Sox Weekly on Saturdays, Boers and Bernstein is the only show I'll even consider listening to. I often disagree with them and sometimes they can be a little mean-spirited, but I find them to be entertaining, funny and intelligent (although most of the intelligence comes from Bernsy). Bernsy really carries the show, and I've never really cared for Boers. But Bernsy, in my opinion, really makes Boers more tolerable, and they work well together.

I've listened to Carmen & Silvy, and while they are decent, I didn't consider them good enough for me to tune in on a consistent basis. And as someone else said, their crummy time slot certainly doesn't help.

I just got to the point where I loathed anything on the radio anymore and didnt feel like setting my Ipod playlist all the time, so I started listening to sports radio. For one thing, it really has changed the way I think about sports, I try and look at the whole picture as opposed to my own viewpoint and opinion. On the other hand, some hosts and some people who call in are such wafflers and knee jerk reactionists that I get angry just listening to them talk.

Boers and Bernstein are definitely devils advocates and pessimists, its the way they run their show, you should know this when you listen. The longer you listen to them, the funnier they are because like hammerhead said, they are an acquired taste. I still dont get the "Love your show, Love your suit, Lovie Smith" introduction with callers, but I think it is funny that they get their audience to participate like that, much in the same way that Dan Patrick used to greet callers who said "Hi Dan" by quickly finishing with "-Na Kournikova" (get it, Danna Kournikova? Get it? Get it? ;) )

Mostly I listen to Sports talk because of the speed that information travels nowadays. You usually find out about trades, injuries, situations about 1 hour before it is confirmed online, and I love hearing something and seeing a posted conversation spring up about it. There is something about the initial doubt in the story, followed by the formation of opinions, and changed into headbutting after a story breaks that I just love. Boers and Bernstein seem to fall into a good time slot where things happen, news breaks, and they are usually very good about drawing lines and involving the callers in the arguments. Sure, they hang up on people they percieve as idiots, but there is hardly a radio host with that power that wont do that sort of thing, they arent different than anyone else.

I used to listen to MJH all the time, then when Mac got suspended for that month or so, I got real sick of Jurko and Harry so I switched over to give B&B a shot. I quickly grew to love them way more than I ever did MJH, so MJH lost me due to the Mac suspension. Now I can't stand listening to MJH due to them always fighting with each other. I enjoy the fact that B&B actually seem to like each other and have fun doing what they do. I do find that they contradict themselves at times, but I find that part of their odd charm. But for the most part, it's just nice hearing people having fun on the radio.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 10:34 AM)
I absolutely loath sports talk radio. Outside of White Sox Weekly on Saturdays, Boers and Bernstein is the only show I'll even consider listening to. I often disagree with them and sometimes they can be a little mean-spirited, but I find them to be entertaining, funny and intelligent (although most of the intelligence comes from Bernsy). Bernsy really carries the show, and I've never really cared for Boers. But Bernsy, in my opinion, really makes Boers more tolerable, and they work well together.

I've listened to Carmen & Silvy, and while they are decent, I didn't consider them good enough for me to tune in on a consistent basis. And as someone else said, their crummy time slot certainly doesn't help.

Talk about terrible radio, I can't believe anyone actually listens to that drivel.

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
I'll acknowledge that Berstein is one of the most knowledgeable voices on radio in this town, but I find their routine to be sophomoric and condescending. That's a really bad combination of negatives.

That's one of the main reasons why I listen to them.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 03:26 AM)
Boers and Bernstein on anything but the radio could be a disaster, based on the appearance those 2 have. Faces made for radio.

This is true, I don't really get the whole webcam thing but when they do start streaming video I'm sure I'll check it out. I love the downloads they have on their site now where you can listen to any 'Who Ya Crappin' or "Friday Fung' segments over the past month they need to start putting entire shows on the site so I can avoid being bored out of my mind at work during night shifts.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 03:21 AM)
Dude.

I expected something biting and witty.

You disappoint me.

:snow

Eh I could have but my wit seems to come and go from time to time and I'm not feeling incredibly witty right about now.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 06:13 PM)
I've said this before but the only show I really like in Chicago is Silvy and Carmen. At times I can tolerate M, J and H but at other times they really annoy me. Every other show I hate, including B and B.

There is actually some sports discussion on Silvy & Carmen, but too much NBA

MJ&H only other show I'd consider in all of sports radio

I wouldnt listen to B&B with someone else's ears

BandB are great. They make me laugh so hard. I love how they cut up interviews or when people mispronounce names or butcher them altogether and include them into the show. I love driving along and hearing Ditka call TO a cancer and that he should be destroyed. I love hearing the Buffone clip of him calling Brendan Ayanbadejo, Brendan Ayanbadejuass. Their producers, Goff and Abattacola are great too on the Last Call show, which is on usually from 8-11pm. Grandma Trivia is just awesome.

QUOTE(dmbjeff @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 10:55 AM)
Their producers, Goff and Abattacola are great too on the Last Call show, which is on usually from 8-11pm. Grandma Trivia is just awesome.

Grandma trivia is great.Having an old lady say I like big butts and I cannot lie.Lol.The grandmas are so good about going along with everything too.