Crede Avoids Arbitration

Shamrock4Life

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Crede has signed quickly as the Sox now can focus on tearing that deal up and giving him a new one that sets himself up for the rest of his life.

Remember, having Joe signed makes him even easier to move (especially at this figure in 07 with teams knowing they still have the rights to him in 08).

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 11:43 AM)
Crede does not want to drop the devil as an agent, too bad.

If you had a guy tell you that he can guarentee you that you will make 4 times your current salary for a 5 to 7 year term I am sure that you would say sorry my loyalities lie with my current employer.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 11:46 AM)
I'm glad Crede has signed quickly as the Sox now can focus on tearing that deal up and giving him a new one that sets himself up for the rest of his life.

Remember, having Joe signed makes him even easier to move (especially at this figure in 07 with teams knowing they still have the rights to him in 08).

Beware of people under 30 y/o with disc problems. The discs shouldn't wear out in someone that young. Long term deal may be an unwise investment.

well i think they will still work on the multi-year deal. this signing was made just to avoid arbitration, which begs another question....

with amarus rameriz (sp?) getting the amount of money he did, A-Rod getting whats he getting, why wouldn't Crede be presumed to get more in arbitration? so why would boras and crede agree to this deal if they are looking to get the most money? or is there an deal ready to take place that required Crede to sign this deal then get a monster extension when the deal is made? Or does Crede really want to stay here? I hope its the last one.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 11:54 AM)
This is really bad news. If all they are announcing is a one year deal, that means we couldn't get a multi-year deal done. Bye-bye Joe.

His agent is Boras. It would be a stunning development in the baseball world if Crede signed a contract before testing free agency.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 12:17 PM)
well i think they will still work on the multi-year deal. this signing was made just to avoid arbitration, which begs another question....

with amarus rameriz (sp?) getting the amount of money he did, A-Rod getting whats he getting, why wouldn't Crede be presumed to get more in arbitration? so why would boras and crede agree to this deal if they are looking to get the most money? or is there an deal ready to take place that required Crede to sign this deal then get a monster extension when the deal is made? Or does Crede really want to stay here? I hope its the last one.

It's not just performance statistics that matter. The arbitration process also factors in years of service. If two players have comparable stats, one player's years of service often result in him getting more than a less senior player. I imagine Boras considered that.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 12:43 PM)
I couldn't be happier to see Crede gone after this season. His ceiling was about what he hit last year, in my opinion, factoring in future back injuries and his career average.

I think I'm with you on this...get another year out of him and then ring in the Josh Fields era.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 01:43 PM)
I couldn't be happier to see Crede gone after this season. His ceiling was about what he hit last year, in my opinion, factoring in future back injuries and his career average.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 01:50 PM)
I think I'm with you on this...get another year out of him and then ring in the Josh Fields era.

I don't understand that reasoning. Crede finished the 2005 regular season strong, and carried that play into the postseason to be one of our best players in October. And Crede did not revert back to his old form statistically during the 2006 season. He was a very solid bat, while remaining one of our best gloves on the team.

I don't get the reasoning for the Sox to have waited all this time for Crede to become serviceable after some horrid years, and spin him off as soon as he becomes legit just so we can restart the cycle with another unproven player at 3B.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 12:53 PM)
Crede' salary is doubling here, correct?. It's not cheap by any means then.

If Joe Crede were a Red Sox

Rednwhite "How can you say that the Red Sox aren't the best, they just signed one of the best 3rd basemen in the league. Look at his numbers and how they matched up to Arod and Chavez. My god isnt Theo a genius."

Joe Crede the White Sox player.

Rednwhite "You are getting hosed, paying a player double from his salary last year. Mike Lowell is healthy at least."

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get the reasoning for the Sox to have waited all this time for Crede to become serviceable after some horrid years, and spin him off as soon as he becomes legit just so we can restart the cycle with another unproven player at 3B.

It's not what the White Sox planned years ago, but I think it's a realization they've come to now having dealt with Boras in the past on this issue as well as him not budging on the back issues.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Joe Crede were a Red Sox

Rednwhite "How can you say that the Red Sox aren't the best, they just signed one of the best 3rd basemen in the league. Look at his numbers and how they matched up to Arod and Chavez. My god isnt Theo a genius."

Joe Crede the White Sox player.

Rednwhite "You are getting hosed, paying a player double from his salary last year. Mike Lowell is healthy at least."

Good one!

I'm not a Joe Crede fan nor a Mike Lowell fan so this is just ignorant and a downright stupid post.

Delete.

/Ignored

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 10:32 AM)
I would have to think a few Boras clients have signed extensions with the old club at least a couple of times, but does anyone actually know?

Gagne signed an extension with the Dodgers in the past. The Dodgers have often times negotiated with Boras (Darren Dreifort signed an extension to remain w/Dodgers, albeit it a bad signing).

Sounds like a reasonable contract, but there still are many possibilities. KW could have a big 5 year contract extension agreement in his back pocket to unveil right before Soxfest. He also could have a trade in place that he is faxing to the league office at this very moment. Remember, Gload avoided arbitration also. I'd love to keep Joe Crede from an emotional standpoint. However, when I consider the fact that I want my team to win every year, Crede with a Boras inflated contract and an iffy back may be too big of a gamble. In that case, KW would be smart to move him now if he can get a valuable return. I'm glad the Sox have such a talented GM to make that difficult decision whatever it is.