Coop on w/ Mike North this AM

chiguy79

Coop was on with Mike North this morning I caught a few minutes (was running late for work)

- told an interesting story about F. Garcia before Game 4 of the WS...basically Garcia got up in front of everyone on the bus and told them that they didn't need to worry about a game 5, and that warming up before game 4 he could tell that he was going to have a great game

- was pretty vague about all the young guys, very PC, said they all have a chance they all have talent as they were drafted very high

- noted that haeger threw very well in September and his track record with the sox gives him a plus, he won't be judged solely on performance in AZ as the weather doesn't bode well for his knuckler.

that is all I can remember maybe others can add to this

on a side note Mike North had a terrible introduction, trying to make a terrible joke that coop nor myself could follow, and it sounds like he is getting canned from the score but I have been out of town on vacation so this may be old news.

I've really cooled on Coop over the past year and a half or so. It seems like he's completely lost his sense of humor and is just overly defensive when it comes to his players or the actions of the coaching staff. This whole organization is headed in an odd direction PR wise.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 04:01 AM)
Mike Northing is being fired? I hope not, I actually enjoy listening to his show every now and than.

You and not enough of you. His ratings have always been dismal, and the Score's ad rates aren't high enough to justify his salary.

He's been living on borrowed time for years.

I personally think he's unlistenable. Every once in a while I fall asleep with the Hawks on (or, I have the Hawks on so I fall asleep - it's a chicken/egg thing :D ), and a couple times I woke up to the awful sounds of the Mike North Morning Disaster.

Yuck.

Mike North has been making fun of The Score management for saying he has "Under Performed". His morning show is ranked 5th in Chicago and he has I think a year and a 1/2 left on his contract. I listen to him on the way home from work when I work midnights every 3rd week, but I wouldn't miss him if he got canned :P

A certain chicago radio legend is rumored to replace him. Could be the guy in my signature photo :huh

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 11:23 AM)
Well I like Mike & Mike just as much but it was good to have North for the local stuff.

That is the only reason why I ever listen to him,is because of the local stuff.But he is really just a blow hard,and if I had to deal with him on a dialy basis in my life he would be a guy I would avoid and hate.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 01:29 AM)
Mike North was done when he said Shaq, not Wade, was the main reason the Heat won the title last year. I hope that bum is gone when his contract is up.

I'm surpirsed he lasted this long. North has always been awful. I stopped listening to him years ago. It says a lot that I'd rather here Mike and Mike overanalyze football (my third faviroite sport) on a national level then listen to North talk about local sports, especially basketball/baseball. If a lesser fool were on 670 for my morning commute to work, I wouldn't bother with listening to Greenberg salivate for Chad Pennington.

Bob

QUOTE(gosox41 @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm surpirsed he lasted this long. North has always been awful. I stopped listening to him years ago. It says a lot that I'd rather here Mike and Mike overanalyze football (my third faviroite sport) on a national level then listen to North talk about local sports, especially basketball/baseball. If a lesser fool were on 670 for my morning commute to work, I wouldn't bother with listening to Greenberg salivate for Chad Pennington.

Bob

North is to the Score what Jaime Navarro was the Sox of the late 1990s: Way overpaid and not possessing any talent to justify his salary or make anyone around him better.

Not a fan. Never was a fan. I am shocked he has lasted this long.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 09:32 AM)
Lol, its not that I think he is smart at all or I agree with him on most subjects, just for some reason every once in awhile I do enjoy the show.

You enjoy it because you can't believe what a moron he is..."so says the Howard Stern fan"...I enjoy it sometimes for the same reasons.

So was he fired?

Edited by tonyho7476