Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Somewhere in the North East milkman is punching a wall...

Yeah Yeah Yeahs replace Beastie Boys at Lolla

I actually live in Chicago again.

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Wow, that is a band roughly equivalent to the Beastie Boys? I want to punch someone in the face.

Kyyle, where do I sell these tickets and how? Does anyone on this site want tickets to a terrible day of music plus Tool?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Wow, that is a band roughly equivalent to the Beastie Boys? I want to punch someone in the face.

Kyyle, where do I sell these tickets and how? Does anyone on this site want tickets to a terrible day of music plus Tool?

Put it on the ticket exchange here, or put it on stubhub. Even craigslist is an option for you. I bet you get a bunch of hits on craigslist immediately, just make sure you ask for cash only

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
Couple thoughts on the Lollapalooza thing:

1. I Hate Festivals. The sound sucks, it's hot and sweaty. Give me indoor shows any day of the week.

2. When I do go, it's never for the discover new bands, experience thing. Not my bag.

3. I would never go to a festival unless there was already 5+ bands I want to see. Other wise it's a huge waste of money. If it's only one band (like Beastie Boys) I would juts wait till a headlining tour, where they will be playing indoors, with a full set, and where you won't be sun burnt, and tired from standing on your feet all day.

Thank you. The f***ing Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I can't believe I have to tell my friends that that's who the replacement is.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:31 PM)
Then I better watch out walking in dark alleys. He may decide to pounce on me with a poorly fashioned cane.

I'm slightly less angry now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
Put it on the ticket exchange here, or put it on stubhub. Even craigslist is an option for you. I bet you get a bunch of hits on craigslist immediately, just make sure you ask for cash only

They were 80 bucks. How much do you think I should ask for?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
They were 80 bucks. How much do you think I should ask for?

Ask for face value. Well, on soxtalk that is a necessity ;)

But you can do that on craigslist and if you get a bunch of hits, you can haggle with them if they want to barter over it

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)

Did someone say Tool???????

I dig the song, but couldn't they have called in like "Jerry Cantrell's Fun Time Rock Band" or something? "Alice in Chains" died with Layne

Edited by Cali

I'd bet the large majority of people going to lolla actually are going for more than one band. I'd never go to a music festival either unless they had even more than 5+ bands, but I guess knowing that many bands makes you a music snob.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)
just sunday, my brother's wedding was on friday/saturday.

Too bad.

I thought Pitch was a one time deal for them, but they're playing a few shows in Cali too. What can you tell me about this? David Yow cannot be in one piece still.

HOLY CRAP, THEY'RE ON TOUR AND COMING TO LA AND SD!!!

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:02 AM)
I was dragged to the Billy Joel/Elton John concert last night... but it was quite enjoyable.

i thought that concert was last Thursday?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:02 AM)
I was dragged to the Billy Joel/Elton John concert last night... but it was quite enjoyable.

I went to the show on Thursday, it was a good time, but the people watching was just incredible...

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
Too bad.

I thought Pitch was a one time deal for them, but they're playing a few shows in Cali too. What can you tell me about this? David Yow cannot be in one piece still.

HOLY CRAP, THEY'RE ON TOUR AND COMING TO LA AND SD!!!

Who would win in a fight between David Yow and God? Trick question...David Yow is God.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
Do they play anything off of S.C.I.E.N.C.E anymore?

If I could be gauranteed 3 songs off S.C.I.E.N.C.E I would count that as a victory. Me and a good friend interviewed Brandon the day after they left Carbondale in 1997, I had no idea they were going to get as big as they did. he was very cool to us, they sent us all kinds of goodies

I would only see them if it was some kind of celebration of S.C.I.E.N.C.E, where they played the whole album.

I have zero desire to see them if not, they went in the crapper after Make Yourself. So bland and boring musically and lyrically, when they were so innovative in the late 90's...

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:16 PM)
I would only see them if it was some kind of celebration of S.C.I.E.N.C.E, where they played the whole album.

I have zero desire to see them if not, they went in the crapper after Make Yourself. So bland and boring musically and lyrically, when they were so innovative in the late 90's...

I always say that I would love to see S.C.I.E.N.C.E in its entirety like that. For that matter I would love to see Failure perform Fantastic Planet in its entirety as well