Opening Day: White Sox vs. Indians, 4/2/07 (L)

Steve9347

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mariano Rivera is throwing 98 mph cutters. Unreal

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)
How come? I love GLoad btw. and we are going to rue the day we traded him. He is gonna LIGHT US UP.

Because we should have given him a chance last year when Pods was slumping to prove he can play out there. It's no secret that the organization was down on Podsednik, and didn't plan on signing him this offseason.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 08:11 PM)
He looked awesome that inning. Even better than usual.

First inning of that game was hillarious, with ARod dropping a popup on the first play he got all year, and then striking out weakly.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)
Yeah, I was so dissappointed Perez didn't make the roster. I don't see the point of keeping all of Pods/Erstad/Mack on the roster.

It sounds like we were trying to trade Mackowiak on the day we had to release Perez, but couldn't find someone of value.

What's Aardsma getting clocked at on the ESPN gun? He looks to be throwing harder than the other guys.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 02:14 PM)
It sounds like we were trying to trade Mackowiak on the day we had to release Perez, but couldn't find someone of value.

What's Aardsma getting clocked at on the ESPN gun? He looks to be throwing harder than the other guys.

96-97

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)

I'd say he's throwing anywhere from 94-96. It's a straight fastball, but if he can a.)bury it in on the hands and b.)drop that slider in there, he's going to be as effective as he was with the Cubs.

On the bright side, good work from the bullpen so far.

I'm up here in Milwaukee -- Ben Sheets is about to finish off the Doddddgers with a CG, one run outing. He's been excellent. STILL hitting 96, and there's two outs in the ninth. When healthy, he's gotta be the second best pitcher in baseball behind Santana.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 08:18 PM)
I'm up here in Milwaukee -- Ben Sheets is about to finish off the Doddddgers with a CG, one run outing. He's been excellent. STILL hitting 96, and there's two outs in the ninth. When healthy, he's gotta be the second best pitcher in baseball behind Santana.

Enjoy it while he's healthy.....he just never can avoid back strains, etc.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 08:20 PM)
Enjoy it while he's healthy.....he just never can avoid back strains, etc.

A Brewer fan just walked in here -- I told him if Sheets stays healthy, there's no reason the Brewers shouldn't win the NL Central. Sheets - Capuano - Suppan is the strongest 1-3 in that division, so...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
A Brewer fan just walked in here -- I told him if Sheets stays healthy, there's no reason the Brewers shouldn't win the NL Central. Sheets - Capuano - Suppan is the strongest 1-3 in that division, so...

They need one more hitter. How's their middle relief?

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 08:23 PM)
They need one more hitter. How's their middle relief?

Turnbow bouncing back to some semblence of decency would be huge for them. Cordero will close, I think he'll be very good for 'em. Matt Wise is a good set-up man, and Elmer Dessens was just obtained (although he wasn't very good last year).

Brian Shouse is the only left they're carrying in the bullpen. Maybe they'll call up they're their stud lefty Gallardo (sp?) later in the year to ease innings on his arm but bring another power arm down there?

Edited by CWSGuy406