Opening Day: White Sox vs. Indians, 4/2/07 (L)

Steve9347

GAAAH I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

it's ridiculous... 2007. i think it's time to jump outta the gates again ala '05, it's been far too long since i've seen a white sox winner thread and i'm having withdrawal.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 10:01 AM)
80 pct chance of audio problems today?

It's opening day, of course. Obvious signs that opening day is here:

1. Prior, Wood not on the Cubs.

2. MLB audio problems

3. MLB Gameday frozen

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 11:01 AM)
80 pct chance of audio problems today?

So hows work? :P Sitting at home watching all these games sucks...

Detroit off to a good start. Losing to the Jays 1-0 with man on 2nd, nobody out.

Now down 2-0. nobody out.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)
I decided to take today off.

Nice! F it right. It's freaking opening day.

2 steals on Pudge already.

Tigers look like bad news bears 3-0 Blue Jays

Edited by jphat007

One of my favorite things on opening days is to go around and check the starting lineups for teams. Congrats to Borchard for starting for the Marlins today. The Dodgers lineup seems very solid as well, especially when Furcal gets back. Ozzie would love to manage that team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 05:18 PM)
One of my favorite things on opening days is to go around and check the starting lineups for teams. Congrats to Borchard for starting for the Marlins today. The Dodgers lineup seems very solid as well, especially when Furcal gets back. Ozzie would love to manage that team.

The Dodgers line up with a bunch of old guys who are blocking good young players, i.e. Luis Gonzalez blocking Matt Kemp? That Dodgers lineup?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)
The Dodgers line up with a bunch of old guys who are blocking good young players, i.e. Luis Gonzalez blocking Matt Kemp? That Dodgers lineup?

I like the balance on that team, as they have a bunch of good overall hitters. If used correctly, I think Gonzalez can really benefit that team. Did Kemp even make their opening day roster?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 12:10 PM)
So hows work? :P Sitting at home watching all these games sucks...

Detroit off to a good start. Losing to the Jays 1-0 with man on 2nd, nobody out.

Now down 2-0. nobody out.

I'm already annoyed by MLB.tv, the f***ing thing keeps asking for my credit card information to verify my location. I assume it doesn't like my laptop or some s*** but every time I switch games it brings up a form asking for all my info and it's getting real f***ing annoying. Have you had any problems like this?

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 05:26 PM)
I like the balance on that team, as they have a bunch of good overall hitters. If used correctly, I think Gonzalez can really benefit that team. Did Kemp even make their opening day roster?

I thought he got sent down to AAA. And, IIRC, Billingsly has been moved to the bullpen.

The Dodgers have a bunch of decent hitters but no great hitters. I'd say their best hitter (Nomar? A healthy Kent?) would be the fourth best hitter in our lineup.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
I'm already annoyed by MLB.tv, the f***ing thing keeps asking for my credit card information to verify my location. I assume it doesn't like my laptop or some s*** but every time I switch games it brings up a form asking for all my info and it's getting real f***ing annoying. Have you had any problems like this?

Yah. It asks for it the first day or so. But I shoulda warned you that they usually have a problem or two on opening day. Each year they get more and more subscribers and it screws with them a little bit during the first couple days. You should be good after that though. Thats why I'm staying away from Mosaic for the first day or two. Just watchign the 700k feeds.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 12:33 PM)
Yah. It asks for it the first day or so. But I shoulda warned you that they usually have a problem or two on opening day. Each year they get more and more subscribers and it screws with them a little bit during the first couple days. You should be good after that though. Thats why I'm staying away from Mosaic for the first day or two. Just watchign the 700k feeds.

I downloaded Mosaic last night, I've tried to watch it but all it's doing is buffering and even after connecting it's not giving me a picture only the wavy blue MLB.tv screen, no sound either. I guess I won't be going back to that until later in the week.

The other thing that's really pissing me off is these 15 second commercials that i have to watch after switching games, I know it's probably only for the introductory period bulls*** that they're running right now but I really shouldn't have to enter all my credit card information then watch the same god damn Right Guard commercial every time I want to watch a different game, I did pay $120 afterall.

Ugh, I'm easily annoyed as is but this is the sort of s*** that really gets to me.

Also, is it just me or did the Braves/Phillies broadcast switch from Harry Kallas at the beginning of the game then to Chip Carey in the 2nd inning?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 11:38 AM)
I downloaded Mosaic last night, I've tried to watch it but all it's doing is buffering and even after connecting it's not giving me a picture only the wavy blue MLB.tv screen, no sound either. I guess I won't be going back to that until later in the week.

The other thing that's really pissing me off is these 15 second commercials that i have to watch after switching games, I know it's probably only for the introductory period bulls*** that they're running right now but I really shouldn't have to enter all my credit card information then watch the same god damn Right Guard commercial every time I want to watch a different game, I did pay $120 afterall.

Ugh, I'm easily annoyed as is but this is the sort of s*** that really gets to me.

Also, is it just me or did the Braves/Phillies broadcast switch from Harry Kallas at the beginning of the game then to Chip Carey in the 2nd inning?

The CC crap shouldn't last long. The commericals also piss me off bigtime. If that lasts past the 5 days I'll be calling. And they usually use the home announcers.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)
The CC crap shouldn't last long. The commericals also piss me off bigtime. If that lasts past the 5 days I'll be calling. And they usually use the home announcers.

It was odd because I was really enjoying listening to Harry Kallas for the first inning but when they came back from break in the top of the 2nd it was the Braves broadcast. This thing is acting pretty funky.

There was an error. We apologize for the inconvenience. If the problem persists, please call Customer Support toll-free number: 866-800-1275.

I think I'm going to kill someone.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
It was odd because I was really enjoying listening to Harry Kallas for the first inning but when they came back from break in the top of the 2nd it was the Braves broadcast. This thing is acting pretty funky.

I think I'm going to kill someone.

Haha. Like I said. It's funky the first couple days. It's tough to be patient on opening day. I have a broken remote as evidence of that.

Edited by jphat007