White Sox vs. Indians, 4/4/07 (L)

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 12:28 PM)
I think he and Crede should be flipped in this lineup if he is not going to hit 2nd.

With the power Crede showed last year, I really like having Crede in the 6th hole right after the 3 big OPS guys. If Crede's average or power dips or Iguchi can push it towards 30 home runs I'll be wrong, but based on last year's performance, Crede fits perfectly right after whoever hits 5th.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 02:23 PM)
If we're really, really close in the race, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibilities...but I agree with Fathom that Haeger and Floyd, and maybe Broadway within a couple months, are much more likely and probably better options.

But, the way I think about it...if we're in need of another starting pitcher of the quality that will be available on the trading market...we will not be in this race.

It seems you guys are probably right.

I don't think an average pitcher (i.e. the type of pitcher available at the trading deadline) would help this pitching staff, because, at worst, we'll have 5 average pitchers on this staff by that point. I still think this team has a tremendous need for a #1 starting pitcher, though, so I was mostly asking if such a pitcher would become available at some point.

Obviously, a guy like that would have to be a free agent in the off-season and Zambrano (unless he re-signs) is the only guy I can think of that would fit that criteria.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 12:31 PM)
That should do it for Garland. Lets hope the pen can keep them down

Garland may come out for the 6th since Marte, a righty, is leading off, but I expect to see Sisco against Sizemore and Hafner next inning.

QUOTE(Balance @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)
Pods reaches on an E4. How'd it look?

Easy chopper that Barfield had to come in on a bit, but it was still just an easy play that he screwed up.

Wow... Pods thrown out by Victor Martinez. Embarrassing.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 12:35 PM)
How did Erstad look when he stole that base? I assume it was a no throw since it was a strikeout?

There was a throw, not watching it though.

Erstad is starting to grow on me a little bit.