AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 06:38 PM)
More like what he did with Montreal in 2001 or 2003. He was a disaster as a Yankee.

He didn't pitch against the White Sox as an Expo.

His numbers against the Sox as a Yankee - 16 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 1 HR, 4 BB, 11 K - which is good for a 1.13 ERA, 0.75 WHIP, and a near 3:1 K/BB

I just found it incredible that there was a tough lefty up in the eighth and Ozzie didn't even give Brian an AB. Get his ass in Charlotte if you're not going to play him.

I understand it worked out in the end, but there was no reason not to give him an opportunity. If he's the CF of the future, He needs more than 1 AB every four games.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 07:02 PM)
He didn't pitch against the White Sox as an Expo.

His numbers against the Sox as a Yankee - 16 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 1 HR, 4 BB, 11 K - which is good for a 1.13 ERA, 0.75 WHIP, and a near 3:1 K/BB

So he was good against the White Sox. That also means he had a 5+ ERA against the rest of the league that year. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not see that Vazquez.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
So he was good against the White Sox. That also means he had a 5+ ERA against the rest of the league that year. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not see that Vazquez.

He was actually really good in the 1st half that season and bombed in the 2nd half. He was 10-5 with a 3.57 pre ASB.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 08:33 PM)

Good point. Because he won't be playing the White Sox at all this year! Knock on wood.

Sweet, sweet game though Javy. I thought it was gonna be tough with the early strike zone being so small, but as the game went on it became more reasonable.

Now let's just hope this gets Contreras and Garland up off their asses. And Danks...just don't get killed. A loss against Santana in your first major league appearance is more than acceptable.

I'm so very encouraged by the bullpen's work since the beginning of the season. It's exciting.

--

I'm feeling Danks tomorrow. Let's beat Santana. At the least, let's make him throw pitches and beat the bullpen. But I think Santana can be had this early, even by us.

QUOTE(Craig Grebeck @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 07:19 PM)
I just found it incredible that there was a tough lefty up in the eighth and Ozzie didn't even give Brian an AB. Get his ass in Charlotte if you're not going to play him.

I understand it worked out in the end, but there was no reason not to give him an opportunity. If he's the CF of the future, He needs more than 1 AB every four games.

Im not sure bringing a guy up to bat who has sat on the bench for 3 hours freezing his a@@ off would be a smart move in this game. There are plenty of games left and im sure he will get enough at bats.

I was at this game. Javy was awsome, and the bullpen manned up.

BTW if you havent been to the park this year, check out the new montage video. At the end of the video when they go into Thunderstruck they have an animation of the cell with lightning going into it, like the natural movie. It has to be one of the coolest things, its hard to believe they could make that video better, and they did. Hats off to Brooks and whomever they had make that animation. It has to be the same people who make the Bulls intro video.

I cant wait to see it when it gets warmer.

I've always loved Vazquez. Seriously look at my history of his name in alot of post and you'll see. So his start doesn't surprise me at all.

God I hope Danks does well. I hope when I come home I'll hear he pitched a good/great game and if we win, that's a bonus.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
BTW if you havent been to the park this year, check out the new montage video. At the end of the video when they go into Thunderstruck they have an animation of the cell with lightning going into it, like the natural movie. It has to be one of the coolest things, its hard to believe they could make that video better, and they did. Hats off to Brooks and whomever they had make that animation. It has to be the same people who make the Bulls intro video.

I know the odds of this are slim to none, but anyone have this on their computer (youtube or something)? I hope to make it to the Cell sometime later this summer, but its too early to tell.

Great performance from Javy. That's what he's capable of, and hopefully we see more of that on a consistent basis this season.

A better job of pitching over the past few days, and that's what we need to be successful.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
I know the odds of this are slim to none, but anyone have this on their computer (youtube or something)? I hope to make it to the Cell sometime later this summer, but its too early to tell.

You might be in luck in a couple weeks. They'll have some extra time to fill with the new 7:11 start times, so those extra 4 minutes might be filled with something like that. If it is, it'll be up on Youtube within hours.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
You might be in luck in a couple weeks. They'll have some extra time to fill with the new 7:11 start times, so those extra 4 minutes might be filled with something like that. If it is, it'll be up on Youtube within hours.

That would rock. I'll keep my eyes peeled, thanks :)

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)

If I could see the Vazquez against the White Sox around 2004 against everyone in the league, I'll take it.

That's really all the poster was trying to say was that he looked that good, and he wants him to remain looking that good. It's obvious he didn't look that good in Yankee pinstripes in the second half.

Maybe Guillen will use BA in '07 like he used G-Load in '06.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 06:38 PM)
More like what he did with Montreal in 2001 or 2003. He was a disaster as a Yankee.

Not the whole season as a yankee but one game vs the Sox. Javy gave up i think one run in the yankees win. It was during april 2004.

I know it worked out, but I wanted to throw my remote at the TV when he didn't pinch-hit for Pods. Hopefully Brian does well when he's actually out there so we can have him in center and Pods in left.