White Sox vs. Twins, 4/8/07 (L)

maggsmaggs

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, Santana's a beast. None of the Sox can pick up his FB. By the time they do, they're either early or late, then here comes that wicked changeup on 0-2. Ozzie might as well put any and all reserves cuz these guys are waving white flags disguised as bats today.

And if Danks does go down with the loss today, I liked what I saw. Once he learns to get his breaking stuff over and keeps pounding the inside with his FB, he'll be alright.

Wow, We just plain suck against Johan. I honestly can't figure this out. The guy is phenomenal, but come on! This is just unreal!

Great game by Danks though. Take that one inning out and we're tied with dual one-hitters going down. Good job! :cheers:

Danks, with the exception of that bad few minutes, has looked good. He labored through the first two, struggling to find the K zone, but has settled down. I like having a 2nd lefty in the rotation and hopefully he will remain productive.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
Johan's got 76 pitches through 5 innings. If we can get some moderately good at-bats in the next two innings, we might get a crack at a reliever other than Nathan.

Wow, forget it. Those 3 at-bats aren't gonna cut it. Santana will be going 8 strong.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 07:47 PM)
Another embarrassing performance against Santana.

Anyone else realize in the last two starts against lefties (Sowers and Santana) we have only 2 hits? That's pathetic.

We didn't exactly smack Silva around either.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
Another embarrassing performance against Santana.

Anyone else realize in the last two starts against lefties (Sowers and Santana) we have only 2 hits? That's pathetic.

I really wish Perez had made the team.

Somebody really surprised Aardsma with that gameday picture.

There is no logic whatsoever in keeping BA on the team, never letting him play, instead of starting him in AAA and keeping Perez when it was painfully obvious our hitting vs. LHP was absolute s***.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
There is no logic whatsoever in keeping BA on the team, never letting him play, instead of starting him in AAA and keeping Perez when it was painfully obvious our hitting vs. LHP was absolute s***.

At least there's not a lot of LHP in our division.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
I can accept that one. You're just insane :lol:

Watching this team try to hit lefties drove me there.

How can you sit in the last few days of Spring Training, and honestly say "OK, despite the fact that there is an asston of LHPs in our division that we HAVE to find a way to beat, its in our best interest to cut a great hitter vs. LHP, and instead keep a CFer that won't see that time of day in terms of playing time."

Perfect sense to me.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
Watching this team try to hit lefties drove me there.

How can you sit in the last few days of Spring Training, and honestly say "OK, despite the fact that there is an asston of LHPs in our division that we HAVE to find a way to beat, its in our best interest to cut a great hitter vs. LHP, and instead keep a CFer that won't see that time of day in terms of playing time."

Perfect sense to me.

Pff, you got me. Has Perez been signed by anyone yet? Perhaps it's not too late to get him in here.