Road Trip

chisoxfan79

I was just listening to the Score and they said The Indians series this week vs the Angels was moved to Miller Park. They did not say but if they weather does not improve I am thinking there is a possiblilty The Sox could be playing there this weekend vs the Indians they would be like another three home games for the Sox.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think there is anyway that they don't have that field in playing condition by the time we roll into town on Friday. I believe the worst they will get is rain on Wednesday, so they should be good to go. I think the worst part of this is we have to face 2 teams for their home openers, however, obviously, Cleveland didnt seem to have a problem with us on ours.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)
I was just listening to the Score and they said The Indians series this week vs the Angels was moved to Miller Park. They did not say but if they weather does not improve I am thinking there is a possiblilty The Sox could be playing there this weekend vs the Indians they would be like another three home games for the Sox.

I can't believe that with Reinsdorf's eye to the bottom-line that he'd seriously let this happen.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 01:01 PM)
I can't believe that with Reinsdorf's eye to the bottom-line that he'd seriously let this happen.

Why would Reinsdorf care? If anything this would help the Sox out as fans would head up there. This wouldn't be a Sox home game.

It is suppossed to rain all week in Cleveland and the field could be soaked from the snow and rain.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 11:27 AM)
The game last night drew more fans that it would've in Cleveland. I wonder if it would have drawn that many for a Brewer game......

Over 18K the entire two levels were full.

Dude, the Jake would have sold out Opening Day and throughout the first series... BUT what are the chances of the Sox actually playing at Miller Park this weekend? Has anything actually been said about this?

Keep in mind I got this from the MLB INDIANS fan forum...

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx...s&tid=31328

1. A car sale by a local dealer has been moved from the Miller Park parking lots to State Fair parking lots to make room for the use of the Miller Park.

2. The Milwaukee Police Dept has recived requests to staff Miller Park for crowds between 30,000 to 42,000 Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

3. A friend that works for the Pfister Hotel tells me that the room for the Indians have been book through Sunday, he also reports that another of his companies hotels the Hilton is holding room for the Sox for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I have an inside source with the FSN sports crew and he is checking in to the status what satellite trucks they have book for the uplink, he thought that the truck currently at Miller Park was listed through Sunday night.

Early work has it that on Thursday at 4:00 PM central time ticket sales for the Sox series will go on sale. It is delayed to start after the end of the game being played Thursday at 12:05...

Take if for what it is worth.

Edited by SoxPride56

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 07:39 PM)
During the Red Sox game on ESPN 2, they made mention that there is a good chance that they get moved to Miller Park for the weekend.

God i hope we play these games there because i will be to at least 2 of them! Make it Happen!