White Sox vs. A's, 4/11/07 (W)

ShoeLessRob

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(joeynach @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
Somebody please tell me why AJ is pitch hitting for Pods, AJ cant hit lefties his avg is like .220. I dont get this at all. They bring in a lefty so u are supposed to bring in a righty. This is weird.

AJ hit for Molina. Wake up.

Maybe -- just maybe -- there's a silver lining in how bad they've been offensively. I thought that last year they became too dependent on big offensive numbers, owing mostly to the big start from Thome and a few others. They got addicted to it. Maybe this year these struggles will keep the focus on doing some little things well. I'm hoping here.

Pinch hit your righty when they have a tough lefty or LOOGY on the mound. THat is almost just understood, its just the way the game works. But no Oz does it different he has to set us up for that taylormade 6-4-3 dp. Sweet.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
Pinch hit your righty when they have a tough lefty or LOOGY on the mound. THat is almost just understood, its just the way the game works. But no Oz does it different he has to set us up for that taylormade 6-4-3 dp. Sweet.

You never pinch hit for Pods. NEVER. His speed changes the game....

QUOTE(joeynach @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)

My theory is that Pods is off to a good start, and Ozzie is not going to do anything that might upset his fragile confidence. That's why he left him in the field last night, and that's why he's not pinch-hitting for him in situations that he might have last year.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)
My theory is that Pods is off to a good start, and Ozzie is not going to do anything that might upset his fragile confidence. That's why he left him in the field last night, and that's why he's not pinch-hitting for him in situations that he might have last year.

that and he has basically been the only player doing a damn thing at bat for us this season.