Felix Hernandez No-No Through Six

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 08:01 PM)
Someone throwing this hard, with that type of slider. This is not fair. Its like a video game.

with great mechanics like he has too.

He is gonna be scary good if he can keep the weight off. And even if he can't, he'll be a top 10 pitcher in baseball for like 8-10 years (so long as injuries don't strike)

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 08:01 PM)
Someone throwing this hard, with that type of slider. This is not fair. Its like a video game.

No kidding. I'm jealous of Seattle. Not of their lack of success, obviously, but they hold a legitimate ace.

I'd seriously trade Contreras, Garland AND Buehrle for Hernandez.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 08:11 PM)
Really cool seeing him wear his idol's number and is really cool that his idol helped us get a ring.

You have to wonder if Hernandez were two years younger, whether he would have been on the White Sox.

It's no coincidence in my mind that he loved Garcia, who was pitching for Seattle in 2002, then happened to sign with their organization.

This is why I remain hopeful for our future in Venezuela. Most pitchers take two seasons from the year they're signed to join a major league organization. We're coming up on that time period.

This ump is retarded, he cannot follow a 99 mph two seamer that comes back over the middle of the plate.

Sexton has stone hands.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
You have to wonder if Hernandez were two years younger, whether he would have been on the White Sox.

It's no coincidence in my mind that he loved Garcia, who was pitching for Seattle in 2002, then happened to sign with their organization.

This is why I remain hopeful for our future in Venezuela. Most pitchers take two seasons from the year they're signed to join a major league organization. We're coming up on that time period.

Well lets see what the Ozzie Guillen academy does for us.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 08:20 PM)
Well lets see what the Ozzie Guillen academy does for us.

Hopefully something good.

I was browsing through the names of recent, well-known pitchers from Latin American (mainly Dominican Republic and Venezuela) and noticed two common themes: one, it's possible to know the talent of a player as soon as two years following their signing; and two, it takes four/five years for someone to reach the majors.

It may not be until 2009/10 when someone reaches the White Sox. But it shouldn't stop anyone from judging their talent in lower levels.

Look for any player with a birthdate in 1989/1990 when Great Falls rosters are announced.