We are Chicago Baseball

BearSox

Two interpretations I can draw from this slogan:

1. We're the superior Chicago baseball team. Which has been proven correct about every season the last 15 years aside from three or four.

2. We're a MEAT AND POTATOES, blue-collared baseball team which Chicagoans can relate to. All grinder-related statements can still be made. As can quotes pertaining to "winning the right way."

This will not be replacing the Grind thing. Just adding to it, same as the South Side Board of Tourism stuff.

The Sox really do have some pretty decent marketing the last few years. I like that they are pasting their banners, including "We are Chicago Baseball" all over the red line train cars (inside and out), which go right by Wrigley as well. :D Also hitting the cabs hard, and banners all over the north side. They are definitely not marketing small these days.

The Cub fans here in my office (and they are season ticket holders, so they are not fly by night fans) all think it's very funny. We all agree also that it would be great to see the Cubs come back with their own ad campaign going back at the Sox. I'd like to see the two organizations turn this rivalry into something kind of fun. Back when the Sox had the infamous billboard outside Wrigley, instead of crying about it, it would have been cool if the Cubs had done something else. Let's hope this time they answer the challenge instead of actiing like whiney little brats again.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 07:17 AM)
This will not be replacing the Grind thing. Just adding to it, same as the South Side Board of Tourism stuff.

The Sox really do have some pretty decent marketing the last few years. I like that they are pasting their banners, including "We are Chicago Baseball" all over the red line train cars (inside and out), which go right by Wrigley as well. :D Also hitting the cabs hard, and banners all over the north side. They are definitely not marketing small these days.

So they actually are putting all that money they made last year back into the team? Excellent!

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 08:35 AM)
Ive seen the billboards for these lately. They seem cooler. I like the one with Jim Thome.

I saw that the other day too.... had a nice little quote on there with something to the effect of

"I didn't come here just to hear about a championship."

WE ARE CHICAGO BASEBALL.

Now if only I had the AC/DC disc with me in the car. :headbang

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 08:19 AM)
The Cub fans here in my office (and they are season ticket holders, so they are not fly by night fans) all think it's very funny. We all agree also that it would be great to see the Cubs come back with their own ad campaign going back at the Sox. I'd like to see the two organizations turn this rivalry into something kind of fun. Back when the Sox had the infamous billboard outside Wrigley, instead of crying about it, it would have been cool if the Cubs had done something else. Let's hope this time they answer the challenge instead of actiing like whiney little brats again.

I missed it. What was the "infamous billboard"?

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
I missed it. What was the "infamous billboard"?

A large vertical rectangular building facade near Wrigley Field (and across from the Addison red line stop)was leased by AM 1000 several years ago. The billboard they put up read "Major League Baseball...8.1 miles south." It was classic and pissed off Cubs fans something fierce.

My favorite...

"You see, the South Side is in constant communication with space objects called 'satellites.' These satellites send messages to places like Europe, China, and Wilmette."

I also like the handy formula for currency on the the South Side. $1 = $1