White Sox vs. Tigers, 4/20/07 (W)

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 06:24 PM)
It's not just age....there's the fact that the Sox have no hitters on the team who you expect to be with them in the next 5 years or so. The Tigers have Granderson at least. The Tigers do have an old offense....it's too bad they fleeced NY with the Sheffield trade.

3 infield pop ups so far.

Well, I see what you mean and I agree with you. I just thought you were pointing to our age as a negative against us for this season.

But I think 5 years is a pretty long time period. I don't know that the Yankees or Red Sox have those players either. If the Sox can support a $90-100 M payroll it's not something to worry about. Pitching is another issue, though.

Edit: Forgot about Cano.

Edited by Frankensteiner

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 06:24 PM)
It's not just age....there's the fact that the Sox have no hitters on the team who you expect to be with them in the next 5 years or so. The Tigers have Granderson at least. The Tigers do have an old offense....it's too bad they fleeced NY with the Sheffield trade.

3 infield pop ups so far.

i can see Brian, Maybe Ryan sticking with the sox, and 5 years is a long time, after this season i forsee the sox rebuilding.

Maybin is striking out at a torrid pace down on the farm and granderson isn't an AS caliber OFer.