DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

"I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

--Hillary Clinton, March 17, 2008.

PH2008032002697.jpg

LINK

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Clinton just said in NC that if the battle were between McCain and Hillary it would be "a battle between two people who love this country and not all this other stuff".

OUCH! Bill just said Obama isn't patriotic.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
Bill Clinton just said in NC that if the battle were between McCain and Hillary it would be "a battle between two people who love this country and not all this other stuff".

OUCH! Bill just said Obama isn't patriotic.

Unreal. I'm glad I never voted for that boob.

BTW, where did you read/hear that? This should be a huge headline for the weekend news cycle.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
Unreal. I'm glad I never voted for that boob.

BTW, where did you read/hear that? This should be a huge headline for the weekend news cycle.

MSNBC

I'll update the quote next time I hear it. i tried to recall word for word what was said, but i didnt catch it exactly.

Update:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/200.../21/794670.aspx

"I think it would be a great thing if we had an election year where you had two people who loved this country and were devoted to the interest of this country," said the former president. "And people could actually ask themselves who is right on these issues, instead of all this other stuff that always seems to intrude itself on our politics."

Not AS bad as I thought it was. But kinda interesting he didnt say that Obama loves this country. Not this was said in front of a VFW hall.

As if Hillary's ties to lobbiests and Bill tie to a uranium deal and this whole NAFTA schedule thing wouldnt be brought up?

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 12:20 PM)
Richardson endorses Obama? I have to admit, I didn't think that was likely. But I do think it says something, for a former Clinton administration guy to do that. Richardson could be a lot of help in PR, and maybe a small help in other states, if he goes and campaigns for Obama.

Edwards is the last big piece now. And frankly, Edwards is a LOT more help in PA and NC than Richardson is. If Edwards endorses Hillary and campaigns for her, I think PA becomes a huge win for her and she might even take NC. If he endorses Obama, that means Obama has a shot to win PA, and will roll through NC. Plus he still has some delegates to spread out.

If Richardson was going to endorse Clinton, he would have never run for President in the first place.

Once again keep in mind that is two people from the Clinton adminstration that will not endorse Hillary Clinton for President. If your former employees won't promote you, that says a lot.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 09:41 AM)
Haven't heard much of Edwards in the past month.

Is there any word on whether he's actually leaning to endorse anyone, out of the 2 candidates?

Rumor had it a few weeks ago that a few weeks ago he was going to endorse Clinton. Well, as you can see, nothing happened. So, i think it's in the air.

He has a contradiction. Some of his message overlaps with Clinton, some with Obama.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 08:44 AM)
Rumor had it a few weeks ago that a few weeks ago he was going to endorse Clinton. Well, as you can see, nothing happened. So, i think it's in the air.

He has a contradiction. Some of his message overlaps with Clinton, some with Obama.

An article at politico suggest he won't endorse anyone, but seems to hint that he may prefer Clinton.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/9162.html

I don't really trust Edwards' political instincts so I don't have a clue what he'll do. I certainly don't buy him as a "party elder", but that's me.

p.s. Tony McPeak should shut up already.

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
So... do we think the recent resurgance for Obama is because of his speech? Or is it more of a return to baseline, now that the Wright thing is going away?

Both. It's just how polls work. There is typically an "OH MY GOD" reaction, then people actually absorb what happened ann think "well, it isnt THAT bad". And, the speech was pretty darn good. It probably gave him the boost he needed to edge back in front.

I think this richardson think might push him all the way to 50% or above.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 24, 2008 -> 09:09 AM)
Obama on Oil and our Energy problem...

His interaction at the very end with the Escolade driver was classic Obama. He's funny, witty, and smart.

And phony.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 24, 2008 -> 12:49 PM)
The Clinton campaign is saying she "misspoke" about her trip to Bosnia. Ya know, she has a LOT of detail in her "story" to be misspeak. What a bold faced lie.

If Obama had does this, he's be nailed to the wall and his campaign would be over.

I realize politicians have a tendency to exaggerate things but this is another of many examples where she has completely lied about something.