DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)
Picking out one issue is an easy way to make anyone look the way you want them to look, good or bad. Getting past that and realizing that those are two of the very few pols today who aren't afraid to work the other side of the aisle screams middle ground at me.

It's one issue yes, but it's easily the most important national security issue facing this country today, and they both happen to be bat sh*t insane on it. Are you going to argue that the Iraq war, bombing Iran, Bombing Syria, and those sorts of actions aren't that important or are improper things to judge a candidate/campaign on?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one's going to be fun. The Gallup daily tracking poll:

041808DailyUpdateGraph1_nemti6sd.gif

Rasmussen has their Obama lead narrowing today from 7 to 5

Meanwhile, Newsweek was in the field the day of and the day after the Debate, and after their most recent poll in March showed a 1 point Obama lead, Newsweek now shows a 19 point national lead for Obama.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 03:28 PM)
The polls are officially showing... nothing.

That's my thoughts. Posting all these contradictory polls just reinforces my opinion that they don't really mean much of anything. They might show a clear blow-out, but that's all they're good for IMO.

This just in:

Clinton Co-Chair/Fundraiser Downplays Candidate's NAFTA Rhetoric

At Toronto's Empire Club of Canada this week, two former US ambassadors to Canada -- one Democrat and one Republican -- debated how concerned Canadians should be that the Democratic candidates are serious about re-negotiating NAFTA.

It was the Democrat, James Blanchard, who told Canadians not to worry, according to Canadian press accounts.

Blanchard, former Governor of Michigan, is a Michigan state co-chair of Sen. Hillary Clinton's campaign, one of her major "HillRaiser" fundraisers, and served as US Ambassador to Canada during the administration of former President Bill Clinton.

Blanchard seemed to pooh-pooh (Clinton's opposition to NAFATA), telling attendees that Democrats are more concerned about China and Mexico than they are Canada.

''Their concern is job loss or unfairness in dealing with countries that have low wage and labor standards and low environmental standards,'' Blanchard said, according to the Canadian Press. ''I have not seen anything that would constitute a threat to trade with Canada."

SHAME ON YOU BARA..i mean HILLARY CLINTON! ;)

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Ok, disregard my precious post, that's tame.

THIS could be a big story:

Developing: Hillary Clinton Slams Democratic Activists...

"Moveon.org endorsed [sen. Barack Obama] -- which is like a gusher of money that never seems to slow down," Clinton said to a meeting of donors. "We have been less successful in caucuses because it brings out the activist base of the Democratic Party. MoveOn didn't even want us to go into Afghanistan. I mean, that's what we're dealing with. And you know they turn out in great numbers. And they are very driven by their view of our positions, and It's primarily national security and foreign policy that drives them. I don't agree with them. They know I don't agree with them. So they flood into these caucuses and dominate them and really intimidate people who actually show up to support me."
Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 07:16 PM)
Heritage wasn't originally formed to protect Mr. McCain's spouse.

Here's the kicker... the Clitnon campaign was caught in ANOTHER lie:

Clinton Campaign: "There have been well documented instances of intimidation in the Nevada and the Texas caucuses".... In fact, the Nevada caucuses occurred prior to MoveOn's endorsement of Obama, and when Clinton made her remarks, the Texas caucuses had yet to take place.

OOPS!!

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
You saw George Steffy try and hand Clinton the nomination the other night during that debate. Guess what, it's finally working. Obama is coming across like a little whipped puppy dog.

Apparently he also gave softball questions to McCain this morning as well

I thought this was pretty interesting:

Obama building war machine to respond to 'Swift Boat' attacks

"He's not going to sit there and sing 'Kumbaya' as the missiles are raining in," David Axelrod, Obama's chief strategist, tells Newsweek for its Apr. 28 issue. "I don't think people should mistake civility for a willingness to deal with the challenges to come."

The Obama campaign is planning to expand its research and rapid-response outfit to repel planned "Swift-Boat" like attacks, the magazine will report. The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth tooled spurious stories and message points against Sen. John Kerry in 2004.