DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
I would recommend this post over @ the great orange Satan's site if you want to try to get a better understanding of how the internals of these polls are breaking down to give each of these sets of results. It's not just the total number, it's the total number from each demographic balanced against the others that matters.

Thank you for that. Very interesting numbers and a VERY smart analyst over at DailyKos.

This is also a good breakdown:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/4/2.../172/269/500113

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this not news across the country?

Clinton on Iran Attack: 'Obliterate Them'

"I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president we will attack Iran," Clinton said. "In the next ten years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."

Thanks to Politico.com for this map.

According to the map, there are 143,409 NEW registered/switchers to the democratic party in and around Philly.

In this area, Obama is pulling 55% of the vote according to Survey USA and 58% according to Public Policy Polling.

It's hard to tell how these new voters are factored into the polls if at all. BUT, high voter turnout in an Obama area could help "blunt" a loss. Might take a 6-7 point loss and make it 4-5. Just a thought.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Why this is over by May 6th...

Let's assume CLinotn nets 10 delegates out of Penn this evening. Let's then assume that Obama wins NC by 10 points (or 11 delegates). Clinton then needs 80% of the remaining pledged delegates. Even if Obama dropped out after NC, she still wouldnt get 80% of the remaining pledged delegates. She can not win if she does not win by 20+ points. Even THEN she needs 75%.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 08:38 AM)
Why this is over by May 6th...

Let's assume CLinotn nets 10 delegates out of Penn this evening. Let's then assume that Obama wins NC by 10 points (or 11 delegates). Clinton then needs 80% of the remaining pledged delegates. Even if Obama dropped out after NC, she still wouldnt get 80% of the remaining pledged delegates. She can not win if she does not win by 20+ points. Even THEN she needs 75%.

Kind of beating a dead horse here, don't ya think? Everyone knows that the pledged delegates race is over. Its the supers, and the overall popular vote, that are still in play. And even the popular vote would need a huge turnaround for Clinton to be in play. Its all about the supers.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 08:29 AM)
Bill Clinton: Obama "Played The Race Card On Me"

“I think that they played the race card on me. We now know, from memos from the campaign that they planned to do it along.”

Can he back up that statement about the memos? Or is this another Sniper Fire story?

Oh, so is this what people were going to "find out" on the way to the polls today?

This is bunk, and priceless, at the same time.

Keep on fighting, Clintons... it helps the Democrats sink.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 08:29 AM)
Bill Clinton: Obama "Played The Race Card On Me"

“I think that they played the race card on me. We now know, from memos from the campaign that they planned to do it along.”

Can he back up that statement about the memos? Or is this another Sniper Fire story?

Bill Clinton DENIES he ever said it even though it is on TAPE!

NBC/NJ: “Sir, what did you mean yesterday when you said that the Obama campaign was playing the race card on you?”

CLINTON: “When did I say that, and to whom did I say that?”

NBC/NJ: “On WHYY radio yesterday”

CLINTON: “No, no, no. That’s not what I said. You always follow me around and play these little games, and I’m not going to play your games today. This is a day about election day. Go back and see what the question was, and what my answer was. You have mischaracterized it to get another cheap story to divert the American people from the real urgent issues before us, and I choose not to play your game today. Have a nice day.”

NBC/NJ: “Respectfully sir, though, you did say …”

CLINTON: “Have a nice day.”

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 06:44 AM)
Keep on fighting, Clintons... it helps the Democrats sink.

Well, here's the big question that I don't think any of us can answer...which effect will win out...the fact that there's no Dem nominee yet facing up against McCain, or the fact that when November runs around the Democrats are going to have campaigned in like 47-48 states fairly heavily and turned out and registered millions of new voters?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 11:43 AM)
Well, here's the big question that I don't think any of us can answer...which effect will win out...the fact that there's no Dem nominee yet facing up against McCain, or the fact that when November runs around the Democrats are going to have campaigned in like 47-48 states fairly heavily and turned out and registered millions of new voters?

It's a good point, but I have a feeling that all the negativity will work against them.

So its a 10% win for Clinton. This race is never going to end. Whatever event could extend the race seems almost a certainty to occur. So, what does Clinton need next to stay in the race, and where is a gambling site where I can bet on it happening?

QUOTE (pierard @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 11:41 PM)
So its a 10% win for Clinton. This race is never going to end. Whatever event could extend the race seems almost a certainty to occur. So, what does Clinton need next to stay in the race, and where is a gambling site where I can bet on it happening?

She needs IN. If she loses NC (VERY likely) and IN there is absolutely no way for her to win. But if she wins IN, she can fight t win the over all popular vote.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 07:14 AM)
She needs IN. If she loses NC (VERY likely) and IN there is absolutely no way for her to win. But if she wins IN, she can fight t win the over all popular vote.

Even if she loses NC and IN she can still win the election on the supers. This thing will drag on for as long as possible.

I dont agree with him doing this, but two can play at this game Ms. Clinton...

Will Obama Campaign Start Hitting Hillary Over Whitewater And Cattle Futures?

Here's something to keep an eye out for. In the wake of Hillary's Pennsylvania victory yesterday, one meme many in the political press will be eager to sound is that Obama will now be forced to go much more negative on Hillary than he has in the past.

Today's Washington Post, for instance, works very hard to get that story. The paper gets an unnamed Dem who isn't even on the Obama campaign to say that it's likely that Camp Obama will hit Hillary with Whitewater, cattle futures, and even Bill's impeachment,

Let's forget about Obama dubious connections that were not illegal (but stupid) and look at how the Clinton's committed several crimes.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:59 AM)

Let's forget about Obama dubious connections that were not illegal (but stupid) and look at how the Clinton's committed several crimes.

And then Obama becomes "just another politician."

This will not end well for Democrats.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:59 AM)

I have no idea what cattle futures is all about but I doubt Obama will be bringing up Lewinsky or Whitewater anytime soon.

Edited by KipWellsFan