Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 02:00 PM)
Good point, yeah forgot bout Carr, yeah they wont take Quinn.

I guess I could see my Packers taking him as insurance but as far as I know they still like Rodgers as the backup. And RB/TE is a bigger need.

Rodgers getting kind of long-in-the-tooth as a backup. Could they pick up Quinn and swing Rodgers for Moss?

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:22 PM)
Rodgers getting kind of long-in-the-tooth as a backup. Could they pick up Quinn and swing Rodgers for Moss?

No, the raiders aren't going to because they have a good new QB in Russell and they need receivers.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:22 PM)

Idk if the Raiders would do that since they drafted Russell. Rodgers is prolly no better than Walter if they were to swap for Moss. But Aaron hasnt played enough to determine this.

I could see us taking Quinn, they did it with Rodgers. I even thought before the year wouldnt it be ironic if Quinn ended up on the same team as AJ Hawk.

NO!!!!!

I hate you Buffalo.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)

NO, the Raiders don't need another QB, but I do think they could swing Rodgers somewhere. The question is how much have they soured on Rodgers. I think that Quinn is a solid pick-up, however, I'm sure there is also some pressure to find a player that makes them better now.

I'll tell you one thing, I'd freaking love for the tackle from Central Michigan to somehow find its way down to the Bears (it'll never happen though, not after he's climbed up all the damn draft boards). Joe Staley.

Brady is handling this like a four year starter (with a ton of poise). I think Cleveland has to find a way to grab him. Cleveland or Detroit.

I know I'd be s***ting my pants out there knowing that every pick you lose a couple mill.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
For the love of all that is holy, please don't let Brady Quinn go to GB. Dont think I could stomach the combination of Brady on the Packers and Jeff S. on the Cubs...

I'm really hoping GB picks him. Couldn't wait to see Alex Brown break his leg.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
For the love of all that is holy, please don't let Brady Quinn go to GB. Dont think I could stomach the combination of Brady on the Packers and Jeff S. on the Cubs...

It would only make me hate those 2 organizations even more.

They took a pretty talented guy in Harrell. I don't get all the booing because he's pretty damn talented but he had that injury. I think he would have been a top 10 pick had he not had that injury.

I like it. I also must say I love Michael Smith. He's got great poise and actually knows what he's talking about (even though he had the Pack taking Meachem).

God Meachem is a guy I'd freaking love too. I really want to make sure we surround Rex with weapons, a good oline (we should pick up a couple this year in order to prepare for our aging line) and I'm sure we'll be a back.

I wouldn't mind Booker in the 3rd if he was there.

Christ...they are going to have a shot at Sydney Rice and possibly Jarrett in the 2nd round so I don't see the need to panic.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 02:16 PM)
They took a pretty talented guy in Harrell. I don't get all the booing because he's pretty damn talented but he had that injury. I think he would have been a top 10 pick had he not had that injury.

I like it. I also must say I love Michael Smith. He's got great poise and actually knows what he's talking about (even though he had the Pack taking Meachem).

God Meachem is a guy I'd freaking love too. I really want to make sure we surround Rex with weapons, a good oline (we should pick up a couple this year in order to prepare for our aging line) and I'm sure we'll be a back.

I wouldn't mind Booker in the 3rd if he was there.

Christ...they are going to have a shot at Sydney Rice and possibly Jarrett in the 2nd round so I don't see the need to panic.

I'm hoping Grubbs falls to us. If we could get Rice or Jarrett in the 2nd round I'd be thrilled.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 12:19 PM)
I'm hoping Grubbs falls to us. If we could get Rice or Jarrett in the 2nd round I'd be thrilled.

i guarantee one of those guys will be there. Steve Smith could be as well and If those guys are there I don't know if the Bears pass. However, Quinn could fall all the way to the Bears because most of the teams picking next have QB's (unless of course Dallas, KC or Carolina grabs him or a team like Cleveland/Detroit moves up).

And I'm not saying the Bears take him, but they could get some value from Detroit/Cleveland...say move down a couple picks and grab a nice 3rd.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
i guarantee one of those guys will be there. Steve Smith could be as well and If those guys are there I don't know if the Bears pass. However, Quinn could fall all the way to the Bears because most of the teams picking next have QB's (unless of course Dallas, KC or Carolina grabs him or a team like Cleveland/Detroit moves up).

And I'm not saying the Bears take him, but they could get some value from Detroit/Cleveland...say move down a couple picks and grab a nice 3rd.

What do you think of Jarrett? He's still talented as hell but part of me says he has Mike Williams II written all over him. I would still love the Bears to get him.