Wow, that was pathetic

whitesoxfan101

8 dominant innings from a guy that should be in AAA against us? I don't care who was hurt, that was shockingly bad. And of course, the cocktease 9th with all those walks and such handed to us before we lose. Every last player was useless tonight, first game all year I can say that about. At least Danks was ok after the 1st I guess?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That might have been the worst offensive performance I've ever seen us have as a Sox fan. And i'm not exaggerating, when you consider who was on the mound. Hopefully that Ankiel-esque meltdown by Zumaya after the DP affects him for a while though, that would be a plus out of tonight.

That was honestly the worst offensive game I think I've ever seen us have, and I've been watching since 1993. When you consider who was pitching, just mind boggling. I'm not even counting that nonsense after nobody on, 2 outs in the 9th. Zumaya just handed us a near comeback, that is all it was. I just hope he's messed up for a while after that meltdown.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:20 PM)
Even on average, Danks was ok. Given any reasonable expectations for a rookie this young, it was an acceptable performance.

He has kept the offense in the game every start. Considering his rookie status, and the quality of the opponents, I can't realistically expect more.

Four runs against the Tigers through six innings with Chad Santana pitching should have been enough.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
That was honestly the worst offensive game I think I've ever seen us have, and I've been watching since 1993. When you consider who was pitching, just mind boggling.

That covers a lot of territory so I can't agree. I can think back to those Frank-Maggs-Konerko-Lee-Valentin teams where AAA scrubs would routinely shut us down provided it was their first appearance against us (we're still sorta pathetic at this, BTW).

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:33 PM)
That covers a lot of territory so I can't agree. I can think back to those Frank-Maggs-Konerko-Lee-Valentin teams where AAA scrubs would routinely shut us down provided it was their first appearance against us (we're still sorta pathetic at this, BTW).

8 innings, 3 hits, almost no hard hit balls, and 9 k's against a 30 year old guy with a 6.31 ERA career and 10.50 ERA this season. I can't say I've seen worse. Maybe as bad, but not worse.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
:lolhitting

What a joke

Did the update Mack's condition at all? If he is out for a couple of days I expect Boone to be sent down in favor of Terrero/Owens/Sweeney.

Last Farmer said during the game was day-to-day with an abdominal strain

None of Terrero, Owens, Sweeney or Fields are playing particularly well. Owens has been coming back down to earth incredibly fast over the past week, Terrero is terrible, Sweeney has been bad and Fields is batting .215 with a ~.630 OPS.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
None of Terrero, Owens, Sweeney or Fields are playing particularly well. Owens has been coming back down to earth incredibly fast over the past week, Terrero is terrible, Sweeney has been bad and Fields is batting .215 with a ~.630 OPS.

Has Perez signed with anyone yet?