Randy Moss to New England

Maybe this isn't as big of a surprise to some but I am shocked. I knew they were wanting to move Moss, but I never thought New England would go for him.

They just showed a list of additions to New England this year and it is pretty impressive. If they can get them all to mesh together, look for NE to be right back in the hunt for a Super Bowl Championship again.

QUOTE(Balance @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 10:18 AM)
Say WHAT?!?!?

Well, I'm definitely keeping Tom Brady in my fantasy football league this year.

I was going to keep him anyways but that's pretty much the same thing that popped into my mind. That has the potential to be crazy good.

So they got Randy and gave up a 4th rounder. Thats not too bad.

Great move by the Patriots.

Moss and Stallworth is not going to be fun to stop, both exceptional when going for the deep ball, and then they have Welker running routes in the middle of the field. Love this move.

Their defense gets better with Thomas too.

Slot them for a superbowl spot.

Lets not forget that Darrell Jackson was traded to the 49ers, they really needed a WR.

Hes a good fit for them lets just hope he catches the ball for them, hes always been known to make some key drops.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 09:05 AM)
So how does this rate with the Thomas Jones trade? Didn't we get a 4th round pick for him, or something like that?

The Bears swapped 2nd round picks with the Jets, then parlayed that into a 2nd (Dan Bazuin - DE), 3rd (Garrett Wolfe - RB), and 5th (Kevin Payne - SS) in this years draft and a 3rd rounder in 2008. So Angelo did pretty good.

I like the Moss trade for NE, but I don't think he will have that big of an impact on the team as everyone believes. They play a specific system which highlights team play and spreading the ball around. How long will it take for him to complain about 4 reception and 55 yards? The Patriots are basically the same regardless of their personnel on the offensive side.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 09:22 AM)
The Bears swapped 2nd round picks with the Jets, then parlayed that into moving up one spot from their original second round pick and got (Dan Bazuin - DE), 3rd (Garrett Wolfe - RB), and 5th (Kevin Payne - SS) in this years draft and a 3rd rounder in 2008. So Angelo did pretty good.

Fixed. It's a matter of perspective, but that second round pick is hardly has any more value than what they started with. It was like trading a dollar bill for 4 quarters and a penny.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
Fixed. It's a matter of perspective, but that second round pick is hardly has any more value than what they started with. It was like trading a dollar bill for 4 quarters and a penny.

I think it's a little more. Buffalo got two 3rds and a 7th for McGahee, so that would mean the Bears got one higher pick in the 2nd, two 3rds and a 5th for Jones. So maybe a dollar bill for 4 quarters and a dime.