Anderson sent down to AAA

joeynach

I wonder if him declining to go to winter ball again this year played into him being sent to AAA.

If KW lets this Ozzie vs xxxx bulls*** continue, especially with Anderson then he might as quit his job if he's letting Ozzie manage and run the team.

He traded Rowand and Young because Anderson was the future CF. If Anderson is gone that is pure shame on KW's part.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)
yep... I wouldn't mind Fields though.

Terrero's only purpose for a call-up is to provide a right handed option for CF. Guarantee that'll be Guillen's excuse. Ignoring that it was never a problem this last month with Anderson receiving 17 ABs.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:43 PM)
Fields is hitting worse than Terrero. There are no good offensive options in the Sox minor league system. They need to look outside

I agree there are no good options, but even with Terrero's small advantage in average he's still only three percentage points better in OPS. Fields can draw a walk. Terrero doesn't know what one is.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:55 PM)
I agree there are no good options, but even with Terrero's small advantage in average he's still only three percentage points better in OPS. Fields can draw a walk. Terrero doesn't know what one is.

That's true -- if I had to pick I'd go with Fields for his advantage in OBP and probable power. I was just trying to point out that there's no hitter in AAA that is ready to hit in the bigs. Fields looks to have a lot of the same problems that Anderson has (e.g. Ks), and I hope people don't expect too much.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
As well as they should.

That's quite a bold statement with little to no factual evidence.

Why do people think this is the complete end of Anderson? What if Mack or Erstad gets hurt? (assuming it's not within the next two days.)

What exactly has Eduardo Perez been up to lately? Does he still want to play?

I fully expect Sox to go into rebuilding mode after this year. I don't see any situation where we bring back Buehrle or Dye. With that in mind, unless we're willing to actually spend enough money to be competitive, we'll be looking to trade Garland and Crede this offseason.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:43 PM)
I wonder if him declining to go to winter ball again this year played into him being sent to AAA.

If KW lets this Ozzie vs xxxx bulls*** continue, especially with Anderson then he might as quit his job if he's letting Ozzie manage and run the team.

He traded Rowand and Young because Anderson was the future CF. If Anderson is gone that is pure shame on KW's part.

Not sure of all the facts regarding him leaving winter ball this past year. Didn't he have some intestinal virus or something?

As for Anderson...you hit the nail on the head IMO. They traded Rowand with no real plausible options for CF. In all honesty...Anderson never should have even been up last year...so to completely criticize the guy and call him a worthless piece of crap...not a good baseball player at all, etc...is completely off base. If anything...another major league outfielder (Byrnes for one option) should have been added last year even if it meant putting Pods (gak) in center. Anderson shouldn't have even been considered until he showed he could put up good numbers in Charlotte on a consistant basis. Don't blame Anderson for Christ sakes....blame Kenny.

Edited by Wanne

Our minor league hitting instructors need to be canned as a group. How many long and looping swings, that are very predictably overmatched when they come up here. It would of been nice to see Anderson with a nice short quick swing, and his power could of grown. However short quick swing be damned, lets go for the fence. Anderson was failed in the minors. And the guy up here didnt do him any favors as well. On year, and one month to rebuild a swing and it looks just as long and looping as it was before.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 01:27 AM)
Its good to see the scouting department finally get called out in numbers. They are lousy.

Same for minor league instructors. Our only fundamentally sound players are from other teams.

Also the only guys with fastballs above 90 mph seem to come from other systems as well.

All you Anderson bashers have your heads up your rears, and obviously don't know a thing about the game aside from what you read in the newspaper or on this website. Your the same bunch that wanted Crede gone mid-way through the '05 season... now you can't live without him. Yes his his bat is slow, but aside from the Pujols' and the Sizemores' and a few other select players around the league, there aren't too many guys coming up from the minors that immediately make a huge impression after only one season. A year from now when he is gone and hitting .290 w/ 90 rbi's and playing a gold glove caliber cf you 'll be complaining how stupid KW was for moving him. Learn a little something about the game before you post bunk like that.

QUOTE(Haaarold @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 01:32 AM)
All you Anderson bashers have your heads up your rears, and obviously don't know a thing about the game aside from what you read in the newspaper or on this website. Your the same bunch that wanted Crede gone mid-way through the '05 season... now you can't live without him. Yes his his bat is slow, but aside from the Pujols' and the Sizemores' and a few other select players around the league, there aren't too many guys coming up from the minors that immediately make a huge impression after only one season. A year from now when he is gone and hitting .290 w/ 90 rbi's and playing a gold glove caliber cf you 'll be complaining how stupid KW was for moving him. Learn a little something about the game before you post bunk like that.

Not sure he could even put up those numbers in Little League with his current swing. I'll be so proud of Anderson if he can go down to the minors and excel.

According to Walker, Anderson's swing is in good shape, and he turned in some impressive batting practice sessions during the season's first month. In Anderson's limited role, though, many of those days when he was feeling good were spent on the bench.

This dude needs to be canned with the rest of our hitting instructors. Andersons swing is in good shape??????????????

Good f***ing lord.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:31 PM)
our system hasn't produced a hitter in the outfield since .... el caballo and Maggs.

the scouting staff folks are the people who should be on the hot seat.

McCullough, Broadway, Fields, BA, Borchard, Stumm, Sweeney, Honel, Royce Ring, Kip Wells, Jason Dellaero.

Don't see much on that list to get excited about.

Apparently Aaron Rowand doesn't count either.

The jury's still out on Chris Young. As it is on Honel, to a lesser extent.

And to say that McCullough and Broadway are busts. They were late first round draft picks, not many top-line starters come out of the 20-30 picks in the first.

Borchard was the big miss, although Stumm and Honel have hurt a lot too. Heck, add in Danny Wright, Rauch, Barcelo, Corwin Malone, Brian West, Myette, Matt Ginter, Guerrier...lots of disasters on the pitching front.

correct me if im wrong, but we dont have a backup center fielder now or do we? if so, i dont see how perez or fields can help us right now. we need someone to backup erstad, unless we want to see mack out there. it was to hard for anderson to play once a week, so calling sweeney up, who is younger and has less major league exp. makes no sense. so, my guess is that it will be terrero.(sadly)

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 08:18 PM)
Not sure of all the facts regarding him leaving winter ball this past year. Didn't he have some intestinal virus or something?

As for Anderson...you hit the nail on the head IMO. They traded Rowand with no real plausible options for CF. In all honesty...Anderson never should have even been up last year...so to completely criticize the guy and call him a worthless piece of crap...not a good baseball player at all, etc...is completely off base. If anything...another major league outfielder (Byrnes for one option) should have been added last year even if it meant putting Pods (gak) in center. Anderson shouldn't have even been considered until he showed he could put up good numbers in Charlotte on a consistant basis. Don't blame Anderson for Christ sakes....blame Kenny.

Mid to high first round college outfielders SHOULD be ready in that time span...unless they're BA or Borchard.

Sweeney is a better player right now and he had three years of missing college time and he also played in Iowa, not a warm weather state.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 01:45 AM)
correct me if im wrong, but we dont have a backup center fielder now or do we? if so, i dont see how perez or fields can help us right now. we need someone to backup erstad, unless we want to see mack out there. it was to hard for anderson to play once a week, so calling sweeney up, who is younger and has less major league exp. makes no sense. so, my guess is that it will be terrero.(sadly)

It will be Sweeney. There's no f***ing excuse for Terrero to make this team other than the fact that Ozzie likes him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
It will be Sweeney. There's no f***ing excuse for Terrero to make this team other than the fact that Ozzie likes him.

but as i mentioned, anderson really struggled playing once a week or so. i dont see how sweeney will do any better. but i have to admit, i was pretty impressed with him when he was called up last year. like ozzie said, he plays the game the right way. i remember him really hustling, going 1st to 3rd, etc.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 01:50 AM)
but as i mentioned, anderson really struggled playing once a week or so. i dont see how sweeney will do any better. but i have to admit, i was pretty impressed with him when he was called up last year. like ozzie said, he plays the game the right way. i remember him really hustling, going 1st to 3rd, etc.

Screw playing the game the right way....that should be everyone in your system. We need people that can hit, and Sweeney is still pretty far away from hitting at the big league level. The ball just doesn't jump off of his bat yet.

QUOTE(Haaarold @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 08:32 PM)

If you honestly believe Anderson will be hitting .290 with 90RBI, perhaps you should learn a little something about the game before you post bunk like that.

His swing isn't conducive to hitting for a high average. He'll be lucky to hit .260 next season.

I believe many here could easily live without Crede. If Fields once again figures out how to play baseball I'll have no problem shipping Crede out.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 01:55 AM)
If you honestly believe Anderson will be hitting .290 with 90RBI, perhaps you should learn a little something about the game before you post bunk like that.

His swing isn't conducive to hitting for a high average. He'll be lucky to hit .260 next season.

I believe many here could easily live without Crede. If Fields once again figures out how to play baseball I'll have no problem shipping Crede out.

If Fields doesn't turn around his swing/attitude right now, his stock is going to plummet. People in the press box in Durham this weekend were shocked at how bad he looked.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 01:57 AM)
And since Williams has been here, the Sox have definitely shown they are not willing to spend money.

Sorry Fathom, but I beleive you are way off here.

We don't spend big money on free agents. If you look at how things are setting up, we're going to have a lot of positions opening up in the next two years that if we want to compete at a division winning level, we're going to have to go outside the organization. If KW really doesn't want to re-sign Buehrle, Garland, or Contreras, then I don't see how we're going to have a lot of trade chips to acquire offensive help. When you can't call up a single player to DH from your system, it makes you worry about your offensive prospects.

When's the last time we got into a bidding war for a player and won once it go over 6 million a year?