Anderson sent down to AAA

joeynach

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
Never underestimates Ozzie feelings in regards to a player. He likes Terrero. Hell, I'm sure he'll make a joke about how he never walked either.

I'd go nuts if Terrero was called up, and Perez wasn't at least given some AB's down in Charlotte to get ready. There's no excuse for Terrero being on the team, other than "Yeah we know he sucks, but we're not delaying his development like we were with Anderson"

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
I'd go nuts if Terrero was called up, and Perez wasn't at least given some AB's down in Charlotte to get ready. There's no excuse for Terrero being on the team, other than "Yeah we know he sucks, but we're not delaying his development like we were with Anderson"

As of right now, no transactions involving Charlotte players. However, as I posted in another thread, Broadway left the game after 2 pitches.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
Here's the big issue: if Anderson has no future with this organization, then we're really going to regret it when we going into full rebuilding mode after this year.

Unless rebuilding means a new manager, it wouldn't help to keep Anderson in the organization. It's clear he can't play for Guillen.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 04:54 PM)
It's Brian's fault the offense sucks. His bad attitude is rubbing off on all the other hitters. Now the offense is guaranteed to pick up!

He can take his surfboard and flowing golden locks to Charlotte.

You and I feel the same way about the whole Anderson situation but right now this is definitely the best thing for him. It needs to be done.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)
Just saw something on Post Game Live on CSN about it. Ozzie saying hes going to AAA. Did this happen earlier in the day or just now. And if he gets send down does that free a spot on the 25 man roster. Sweeney is already in for Thome and Logan for Pods so who else is coming up, Terrero? If so does this mean we roll out the clown car again for fill ins in the lineup with a different character playing Left or DH everyday.

Makes sense. I said it before and I'll say it again, I expect Sweeney to get a lot of Ab's and I wouldn't be shocked if he earned a boatload of at bats for the remainder of the season (and if he doesn't, he'll go back down to AAA). Sweeney is the future outfielder in this org, not BA.

Good luck down in AAA BA, maybe you can figure things out because you really don't deserve to have been on a major league roster at all this season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:10 PM)
There's a struggle going on between KW and Ozzie.

He could start for the Marlins right now.

The fact is that Brian Anderson couldn't out hit a lot of pitchers right now.

Broadway leaving early is bad news because the Sox aren't about to call up another pitcher. However, a trade could be in the works (now that is a possibility as I know they have been trying to work out a trade as of late but I'm not sure just how realistic it is since most teams aren't quite ready to give guys up).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:04 PM)
Good luck down in AAA BA, maybe you can figure things out because you really don't deserve to have been on a major league roster at all this season.

I agree Anderson needs to be in AAA and then to leave the organization, but he did have a good spring training under a decent amount of pressure. So, I don't it's accurate to say doesn't deserve to be on any major league roster this season. Florida could use him right now.

Edited by hitlesswonder

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
I agree Anderson needs to be in AAA and then to leave the organization, but he did have a good spring training under a decent amount of pressure. So, I don't it's accurate to say doesn't deserve to be on any major league roster this season. Floerida could use him right now.

I meant to say at this point in the season (ie he shouldn't have been on the major league roster at all so far this year, but I'm not going into the future).

I just felt he doesn't have the swing to succeed at the ML level and he shouldn't get enough ab's to develop that swing at the ML level (because quite frankly he has a long ways to go) so he should have just been down in Charlotte from the start.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:04 PM)

Neither can Cintron, but here we are.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:16 PM)
I meant to say at this point in the season (ie he shouldn't have been on the major league roster at all so far this year, but I'm not going into the future).

I just felt he doesn't have the swing to succeed at the ML level and he shouldn't get enough ab's to develop that swing at the ML level (because quite frankly he has a long ways to go) so he should have just been down in Charlotte from the start.

Agreed.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
Neither can Cintron, but here we are.

Are you kidding me...Cintron has a terrible eye but he's hit for a good average most of his career and he's also been one of the best pinch hitters in baseball the past couple years.

No, Cintron isn't a starter but he is a very good bench player.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
Brian Anderson will never again play for the Chicago White Sox.

and I could not be any happier. Hopefully we can trade him for a solid reliever like we did with the other bust (Borchard).

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
Here's the big issue: if Anderson has no future with this organization, then we're really going to regret it when we going into full rebuilding mode after this year.

Not if the sox continue to have close to a 100 mil payroll. I am confident with our young pitching and Kennys moves on offense.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 06:04 PM)
Makes sense. I said it before and I'll say it again, I expect Sweeney to get a lot of Ab's and I wouldn't be shocked if he earned a boatload of at bats for the remainder of the season (and if he doesn't, he'll go back down to AAA). Sweeney is the future outfielder in this org, not BA.

Broadway leaving early is bad news because the Sox aren't about to call up another pitcher. However, a trade could be in the works (now that is a possibility as I know they have been trying to work out a trade as of late but I'm not sure just how realistic it is since most teams aren't quite ready to give guys up).

Until he can't hit for a good average after a couple months, and he gets on Ozzie's bad side. Or until he does something that rubs Ozzie the wrong way, and he gets on Ozzie's bad side.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:28 PM)
Until he can't hit for a good average after a couple months, and he gets on Ozzie's bad side. Or until he does something that rubs Ozzie the wrong way, and he gets on Ozzie's bad side.

Until Brian Anderson Leads the White Sox to a world series , I will side with Ozzie every f***ing time.

our system hasn't produced a hitter in the outfield since .... el caballo and Maggs.

the scouting staff folks are the people who should be on the hot seat.

McCullough, Broadway, Fields, BA, Borchard, Stumm, Sweeney, Honel, Royce Ring, Kip Wells, Jason Dellaero.

Don't see much on that list to get excited about.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 06:29 PM)
Until Brian Anderson Leads the White Sox to a world series , I will side with Ozzie every f***ing time.

OK, what if Ozzie develops some personal vendetta against one of Contreras/Buehrle/Garland? I mean, the guys who actually led this team to a World Series. Who do you side with then?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:18 PM)
Are you kidding me...Cintron has a terrible eye but he's hit for a good average most of his career and he's also been one of the best pinch hitters in baseball the past couple years.

No, Cintron isn't a starter but he is a very good bench player.

Before this year, I agree that he was a good bench player. But I think the elbow surgery is still bothering him...I'm not sure we'll see much out of him this season.

Edited by hitlesswonder