Bears TE Greg Olsen and the 7th Floor Crew

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 1, 2007 -> 07:58 PM)
I was shocked at the flow Olsen had actually. For a white guy, he can spit pretty well (although he says he didn't write the lyrics, but whatever). Kudos to the #31 pick in that regard.

that's good to know. i haven't heard the song, but when i was picturing olsen rapping i couldn't get steve fuller out of my head. that's what made the "dick in the ear" reference so funny to me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:35 AM)
She was shaking in anger???? LMAO Sure a girl wouldnt like that song. Uh Carol, he was 18 years old when he did this, in college. Lets not go overboard on what happened in a dorm or frat in college when they were 18. I am sure that a lot of things that people did in college at 18 through say whatever is not going to go on your resume.

People need a reality check.

Yep, there should be a 100% pass on all college behavior. This is the one time that you can treat humans like garbage :headbang :headbang plenty of time to act human later. I can't wait to you guys have daughters. You will be so much cooler than adults now "Hey man, sing that one where you stick your dick in my daughters ear, I love that" :cheers

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 1, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
Yep, there should be a 100% pass on all college behavior. This is the one time that you can treat humans like garbage :headbang :headbang plenty of time to act human later. I can't wait to you guys have daughters. You will be so much cooler than adults now "Hey man, sing that one where you stick your dick in my daughters ear, I love that" :cheers

Tex, when you were 18, I bet you were tryin' to get in some girl's pants. You may have even succeeded! You know, she was someone's daughter also. He just talked about doing stuff, you may have actually DONE it! GASP!

Your point is taken, but again, you don't need to go to the extreme. Freshmen in college do stupid crap. learning from it is part of growing up. Where is your compassion here? Should he never work a day in his life because he once rapped about b****es and hoes? Should anyone who has ever said 'n*****' be forced to be unemployed? i mean, if they had that racist attitude when they were 16 or 18, who knows what it may have turned into by the time they reached 21! They can't be allowed to mingle in polite society! Rapping with bad lyrics? make him wear the Vanilla Ice necklace for the rest of his life so he will be shunned by all!

And FYI, alot of the girls in college (and high school!) now talk worse that those rap lyrics!

The attitude that the women who are offended should get a reality check was more offensive to me. Guys just having fun? Dissing them as hoes. Reducing them to less than human for laughs? Sorry, women have a right to be offended by that.

The early eighties, when I was in college, was far different. Aids was starting to really hit. The ERA was on its death bed, the free love and drugs had run its course. Rap was just starting to gain an audience. I believe there was much more respect for people then than now. In music, on tv, and movies.

These same dirt merchant columnists would be chastising Olsen for "not being a team player" or "marching to the beat of a different drummer" causing a rift in the ever valuable team chemistry were he to abstain from such team building activities as the 7th Floor Crew.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 1, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)
The attitude that the women who are offended should get a reality check was more offensive to me. Guys just having fun? Dissing them as hoes. Reducing them to less than human for laughs? Sorry, women have a right to be offended by that.

The early eighties, when I was in college, was far different. Aids was starting to really hit. The ERA was on its death bed, the free love and drugs had run its course. Rap was just starting to gain an audience. I believe there was much more respect for people then than now. In music, on tv, and movies.

That's funny because Scarface (83) is the one movie that rappers universally try to emulate.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 1, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)
That's funny because Scarface (83) is the one movie that rappers universally try to emulate.

Yep, and as rap has become more popular, the image of women has declined. We could mark '83 as the beginning of the decline.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 1, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)

Should women find it offensive? Yeah probably, which is why Olsen and everybody in this song was stupid to actually record it, this should stay behind closed doors. However, like it or not, talk like this happens in every college dorm room/apartment/party out there. The question is whether or not they are messing around with their comments or not, and it sure as hell doesn't sound like they are serious.

I am the biggest hater of "DA U" out there, but I had no problem with this when it originally came out other than the stupidity of actually recording it for others to hear, and I feel the same way now. And even my female friends who I asked about this story out of curiosity said it was just "boys being boys". Doesn't make it right, but doesn't mean it's hurting anybody either.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 1, 2007 -> 05:50 PM)
Yep, and as rap has become more popular, the image of women has declined. We could mark '83 as the beginning of the decline.

I would contest that women's lib, the decreasing amounts of clothes attractive women wear, and alcohol (all choices by said gender) have declined the image of women more than rap music. These girls in the rap videos are there by choice, as are the girls gone wild trash, and so on. Bad parenting, and to a much smaller extent the takeover of political correctness have hurt society far more than rap music.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)
How is this any worse than any random rap song? Is there the same outrage over Beason's role in the recording or do people in Carolina just not care? Just curious.

The voice of reason-I believe another drafted player was in that group too-

Translation:

G-Reg = Greg Olsen

Get head = Score Touchdowns

Drop my drawers = a great move off the line

Third leg = kicking in that extra gear

7th floor = the endzone

chickens = the opponents

hoes = the secondary

On my balls, on my dick = where the other team will be on Sunday

dick = the ball

breasts = the goal posts

fellas = teammates

weird = pumped up for the game

dick in her ear = stiff arm to the face

these guys = teammates

a second nut all in her eyes = 2nd TD

* Also, please note that any female reference is directed towards the players on GB, DET, and MIN.

coincidentally, i was born in 83... the beginning of the decline!

Instead of blaming rap music, I think we can look throughout pretty much all of modern history and learn that women have just about always been treated like second class citizens.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:08 AM)
David Haugh never went to college

You can read about this stuck up prick b**** about it. Seriously, has he never been in a college dorm?

Wow, the trib tries to pull a fast one. click that link now, and its a new story posted early today (may 2nd, instead of the original May 1st) that has completely changed its tune. The old article is no where to be found.

Haugh tried to respond to my email with that link telling me to re-read it. I can't believe he thinks that in this day and age, I'd fall for a trick like that.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:06 AM)
Instead of blaming rap music, I think we can look throughout pretty much all of modern history and learn that women have just about always been treated like second class citizens.

I wouldn't blame any one factor, music, art, etc all reflect societal values. As the values go to hell, the art reflects it. But, yes, that is a great point.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 3, 2007 -> 03:41 AM)
I have to admit this song is pretty catchy (mainly the corus), I've had it in my head the last couple of days.

I wouldn't put the song on a CD or anything, but I will admit that the chorus has been stuck in my head since I listened to the song the other day. :ph34r: