White Sox vs. Angels, 5/4/07 (L)

BearSox

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:04 PM)
Wow he is isnt quoting psychology or showing video of their games telling them to remember when they felt good.

I know, this is a very risky, abnormal approach Coop is taking with his players. Lets just hope it works.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)
Just be glad you don't have a dislocated knee cap.

A Buah? I just saw you a few days ago playing soccer. I told you a million times baseball is the sport for you. :P

Its funny they are worried about Hall being about to throw down to second with his arm. What does it matter. AJ has a non-injured arm and cant throw anyone out and our pitchers dont hold people on. As long as he can deliver the ball back to the pitcher bring him on. At least he can hit lefties, and hopefully allow AJ to rest. It seems that Molina is here only to be an emergency catcher.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 5, 2007 -> 04:07 AM)
Its funny they are worried about Hall being about to throw down to second with his arm. What does it matter. AJ has a non-injured arm and cant throw anyone out and our pitchers dont hold people on. As long as he can deliver the ball back to the pitcher bring him on. At least he can hit lefties, and hopefully allow AJ to rest. It seems that Molina is here only to be an emergency catcher.

:cheers

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:07 PM)
A Buah? I just saw you a few days ago playing soccer. I told you a million times baseball is the sport for you. :P

Wet grass + gym shoes = pain

Patellar dislocation, ruptured ligaments, cartilage damage, fluid accumulation, swelling, pain, inability to walk. There's your Spider-Man 3 and pool shooting. ;)

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Milledge's AAA park is a terrible hitting park (is it Newark?). I remember reading an article about minor league park effects, and adjusted for that his numbers were significantly better. Milledge is a much prospect than anyone in the Sox organization.

...and his major league stint was comparable to Anderson's.

If you are a GM of an opposing team, would you trade an effective pitcher who is signed to a fair deal over the next 2.5 years for only a Brian Anderson with wrist problems and crappier clubhouse attitude?

I didn't think so either.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:07 PM)

Did you see this?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:07 PM)

I saw Hall throwing last Sunday. You don't understand. Someone probably could steal when he starts to throw the ball back to the pitcher. He's going to have to improve a lot to be able to catch. Right now, I doubt he would be able to throw out Konerko on a pitchout.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 04:10 AM)

If you are a GM of an opposing team, would you trade an effective pitcher who is signed to a fair deal over the next 2.5 years for only a Brian Anderson with wrist problems and crappier clubhouse attitude?

I would, but that's to free up money for either Johan Santana, ARod, or a trade for Miguel Cabrera.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:10 PM)
Wet grass + gym shoes = pain

Patellar dislocation, ruptured ligaments, cartilage damage, fluid accumulation, swelling, pain, inability to walk. There's your Spider-Man 3 and pool shooting. ;)

God damn, I'm guess I shouldn't be pissed off to a degree then... or think that I'm much of an idiot.. :D

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 04:10 AM)

Yep -- all 169 ABs? Really?

Brian Anderson with wrist problems and crappier clubhouse attitude?

Hah, you're clearly wrong about that comparison between Milledge and Anderson and yet you keep making the argument. You're a really funny guy.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:10 PM)

I agree. As shaky as Contreras has been, he's kept the Sox in most games save for opening day. Trading him may not be a bad idea, however, he's worth more than a question mark.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:12 PM)
God damn, I'm guess I shouldn't be pissed off to a degree then... or think that I'm much of an idiot.. :D

Yup, and with every dislocation, there is a 60% higher chance of a recurrent dislocation. Yay me!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:14 PM)
Yup, and with every dislocation, there is a 60% higher chance of a recurrent dislocation. Yay me!

So in other words, I shall be seeing you on that show "Scarred" in a little while. :lol: