White Sox vs. Angels, 5/5/07 (W)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
Typical Ozzie.

Exactly, he'd rather have Garland face the righty, Thornton the switch hitter, and then go to the bullpen. I'd much rather he just let the righty start the inning. I don't think his style of managing has worked in the last year and this season.

I hope Ozzie knows that it's Orlando Cabrera that owns Garland, and not Francisco Cabrera.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 5, 2007 -> 05:03 PM)
We haven't used our main bullpen guys in ages. Go for the f***ing win Ozzie!

Thanks for leaving him in Ozzie for that batter. I hate you!

All Cabrera had was a .400+ lifetime average against Garland. That's obviously not important in the 8th inning with a well rested bullpen.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(fathom @ May 5, 2007 -> 05:04 PM)
Exactly, he'd rather have Garland face the righty, Thornton the switch hitter, and then go to the bullpen. I'd much rather he just let the righty start the inning. I don't think his style of managing has worked in the last year and this season.

so a manager only has a good season if he manages a world series.........gotcha

QUOTE(fathom @ May 5, 2007 -> 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With that low of a pitch count, I would've let Garland try to pitch over it. Have him build some confidence. Everytime he sends someone out there, and then immediately pulled it makes it look like he's making a mistake or second doubting himself.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 05:06 PM)
With that low of a pitch count, I would've let Garland try to pitch over it. Have him build some confidence. Everytime he sends someone out there, and then immediately pulled it makes it look like he's making a mistake or second doubting himself.

Cabrera owns Garland. Low pitchcount or not. It shouldn't be a question of instilling confidence, but winning ballgames.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 5, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)

I understand, but I would hope Garland would have enough confidence and maturity that after 7 innings, he understands being taken out.