White Sox vs. Royals, 5/13/07 (L)

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
This is so freaking embarrassing. It's really a good thing we didn't keep Eduardo Perez on the roster.

I have a feeling our winning ways lately have masked all these issues in the front office, and no chances are even being considered. It's fascinating though to see De La Rosa keep everything down, and Vazquez throwing everything up.

What's masking the issue is optimism. "Oh, Crede's turned the corner last year." "Paulie won't party like it's 2003." "Dye isn't living in quicksand." People need to face reality. Holy s***, man, this offense is terrible and there are no more excuses. No more weather. No "tired," definitely.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:38 PM)
This is a semi-serious question. Do we ever get hits in the first 3 innings?

No.

I'm semi-serious, too.

I'm not optimistic that Hall's going to come up and change everything or even anything. Not at all.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:39 PM)
What's masking the issue is optimism. "Oh, Crede's turned the corner last year." "Paulie won't party like it's 2003." "Dye isn't living in quicksand." People need to face reality. Holy s***, man, this offense is terrible and there are no more excuses. No more weather. No "tired," definitely.

... But Uribe will carry this team. :P

This might be the worst fastball I've ever seen Vazquez have.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 13, 2007 -> 06:43 PM)
What the f*** goes on in the White Sox front office?

b****ing about the rising cost of salaries. :P

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 13, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
As good as Ozuna was the first half last year, he now has managed a .505 OPS.

That's pretty hard to do, unless you're Cintron, Molina or Anderson.

Yeah, Ozuna looks awful. He was so good at the start of last year, but he's been horrible since.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:43 PM)
What the f*** goes on in the White Sox front office?

They are looking at the backs of all the players baseball cards waiting for them to come out of it on their own.

Any other team, and Greg Walker is looking for another job.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:47 PM)
Lefties hit De La Rosa better than righties, yet our brilliant lineup is righty dominant. Maybe looking at splits might be something the whitesox front office might want to take a look at. Sometimes stats dont lie.

Ozzie only uses the stats printed on the back of baseball cards. Anything else is too much to ask. -_-

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)
Lefties hit De La Rosa better than righties, yet our brilliant lineup is righty dominant. Maybe looking at splits might be something the whitesox front office might want to take a look at. Sometimes stats dont lie.

Who were we going to have play? Erstad is worse than NL pitchers against LHP. AJP is the only guy who really should be in there, but we'd rather let Molina embarrass himself at the plate more.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:51 PM)
Who were we going to have play? Erstad is worse than NL pitchers against LHP. AJP is the only guy who really should be in there, but we'd rather let Molina embarrass himself at the plate more.

I would like to take this opportunity to call Molina out. With all of the slamming he has taken on message board, he shoul deither get a hit today or physically kick the pitcher's ass to get him out of the game. I see no other options.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 13, 2007 -> 06:55 PM)
Vazquez has no command of anything today. This game is teetering on the brink of bad.

It's like before the 4th inning of yesterday. Does it matter though....one run might be enough to beat us. I can't stand watching this f***ing offense. Think of it this way....you have two guys in Terrero and Molina who have no business being in the majors, a rookie in Sweeney who doesn't look comfortable vs LHP, two slumping power hitters in Konerko and Dye, two players in Crede/Iguchi who all they can do it hit pop ups to the right side, and a guy in Ozuna who has an OPS around .500 over the last 100 games or so. We need Uribe to hit two solo homers I guess.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:55 PM)
Vazquez has no command of anything today. This game is teetering on the brink of bad.

Every game since Thome went down falls into that category...

It would be hilarious if they had a post-game show for a De La Rosa no hitter against this line-up.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)
It's like before the 4th inning of yesterday. Does it matter though....one run might be enough to beat us. I can't stand watching this f***ing offense. Think of it this way....you have two guys in Terrero and Molina who have no business being in the majors, a rookie in Sweeney who doesn't look comfortable vs LHP, two slumping power hitters in Konerko and Dye, two players in Crede/Iguchi who all they can do it hit pop ups to the right side, and a guy in Ozuna who has an OPS around .500 over the last 100 games or so. We need Uribe to hit two solo homers I guess.

If the Sox are shut down today, Walker needs to be canned after this game. I don't know if firing him will do any good, but these guys need a f***ing wake-up call, and realize that slumping for the first 20% of the season cost somebody their job.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:59 PM)
If the Sox are shut down today, Walker needs to be canned after this game. I don't know if firing him will do any good, but these guys need a f***ing wake-up call, and realize that slumping for the first 20% of the season cost somebody their job.

Sweeney just was frozen on that curve. It happens. That's two called strikes in a row against Ryan.

His splits were appreciably better against lefties than righties at Charlotte.