White Sox vs. Royals, 5/13/07 (L)

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 13, 2007 -> 04:44 PM)
Where's our Mexican League Nick Masset?

He certainly hasn't been the stud KW and Steve Stone made him out to be. He's walking a lot of guys. White Sox starters have pitched at least six innings in 20 or 21 straight games. The bullpen should be rested and strong, but most seem to be really struggling. Aarsdma has done pretty well, but everyone else seems a little shaky almost everytime they take the mound. The offense is going to have to pick it up though. I really believe the offense will explode soon, but I must admit the longer this drought goes on, it starts to make we wonder.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 13, 2007 -> 06:38 PM)
why is everyone so down. we've won 6 out of our last 9 games, with a bad offense. just think when our offense heats up (if it does anyway)

and stop saying this week is going to suck. the yanks have no pitching, and when they do pitch, they score 1 or 2 runs. and the cubs, in 2005-2006 we have won 4 out of 6 games vs them, and they suck. their very inconsistent. people say their playing well- well yea i hope so, in the past 12 games, they have played the pirates or nationals 9 times. we will win 2 out of 3 vs the yankees and cubs. period.

The Royals have no pitching either. This is the american league, you need to hit to win here.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2007 -> 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Royals have no pitching either. This is the american league, you need to hit to win here.

yes i think i know that, but we have to be realistic- we caught de la rosa on a his good day, and we couldnt hit him. plus, its early may, and everyone is panicing. we only have 3 or 4 good hitters right now- uribe, sweeney, erstad, and pierzynski. i think dye and konerko and crede will all be heating up at some point soon (considering anything is heating up, u cant go to far down from where their at)

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 13, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
yes i think i know that, but we have to be realistic- we caught de la rosa on a his good day, and we couldnt hit him. plus, its early may, and everyone is panicing. we only have 3 or 4 good hitters right now- uribe, sweeney, erstad, and pierzynski. i think dye and konerko and crede will all be heating up at some point soon (considering anything is heating up, u cant go to far down from where their at)

Before you break your arm tipping your cap, remember that if you have a left hand and you are a pitcher you automatically turn into Johan Santana. We hit .204 as a team with a pathetic .290 OBP and a horrible .582 OPS. So the De La Rosa's, the Odalis Perez's look forward to this date on the calendar. When they can face the 30th ranked team in baseball against lefties

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 13, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)

Hawk is that you???!?!

This game was over first when the line-up was made. Second when he didn't pull Vazquez after hitting German. He has to manage to win every game I'm sorry especially against the teams you have to beat.

Jenks, didn't you think it was big when Sweeney had the bad at bat with the bases loaded

in a 1-1 game?

He rifles a hit there and maybe Vazquez doesn't pitch like a horse's ass during the one bad

inning.

We still had an infield of Crede, Uribe, Iguchi and Konerko with Dye playing.

He can't catch AJ every day.

So why do you say it was over when the lineup was made??

because Erstad was sitting?

Erstad isn't exactly a stud.

Edited by greg775