White Sox vs. Royals, 5/13/07 (L)

When I was a grammar school kid, I had a teacher named De La Rosa who liked to spoil things for her students. Like when a boy had a very good spelling streak going in the spelling bee, she'd ask them to spell "leak" but would pronounce it "leahck" to throw them off, and some kids would forget the k.

Fortunately, we had a boy named Vazquez who came up and he looked her dead in her Royal blue eyes and said, "Ms. De La Rosa, the word is leak. L-E-A-K. And I intend to plug it!"

And he did. And from then on, everyone passed their spelling tests.

What I'm trying to say is, Go Sox! :gosox3:

(I'm making this now because I've got tomorrow's game, with the win, and might as well.)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:07 AM)
Gustavo with another chance to get his first hit....and it might be his last chance. My predicted lineup is:

Ozuna, Uribe, Dye, Konerko, Crede, Iguchi, Terrero, Gonzalez, Molina

Listening to the score, it sounds like you're right on except switch Sweeney for Gonzalez

Ozuna - 2B; Uribe - SS; Dye - RF; Konerko - 1B; Crede - 3B; Iguchi - DH; Sweeney - LF; Terrero - CF; Molina - C

Thats my projected lineup... Iguchi DH'ing would be ideal so he can focus on hitting for the main part.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gustavo with another chance to get his first hit....and it might be his last chance. My predicted lineup is:

Ozuna, Uribe, Dye, Konerko, Crede, Iguchi, Terrero, Gonzalez, Molina

Would you accept a .000 batting average if it came with a quality start from the pitcher? That would be kinda funny if Molina went the entire season without a hit.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 13, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
Would you accept a .000 batting average if it came with a quality start from the pitcher? That would be kinda funny if Molina went the entire season without a hit.

Yes....an offense should be able to get more than 3 runs even in the NL (which is what Molina is, the pitcher hitting).

Ozuna's at DH, Sweeney's in CF batting 7th.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:06 PM)
Yes....an offense should be able to get more than 3 runs even in the NL (which is what Molina is, the pitcher hitting).

Ozuna's at DH, Sweeney's in CF batting 7th.

UGLY OPS Numbers....

Erstad .641

Konerko .626

Mackowiak .569

Crede .552

Ozuna .505

Cintron .325

Molina .067

And Dye and Iguchi are only in the .640's

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)
:lolhitting

RC/27

Ryan Sweeney 6.02 (.846 OPS versus .780)

Chris B. Young 5.60

Other rookies

Tony Gwynn 10.85

Iwamura 9.10

LaRoche 8.73

Willits 8.06

J. Hamilton 7.42

Michael Bourn Identity 6.59

Hunter Pence 5.07

Felix Pie 3.24

Delmon Young 2.80

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 12, 2007 -> 11:02 PM)
When I was a grammar school kid, I had a teacher named De La Rosa who liked to spoil things for her students. Like when a boy had a very good spelling streak going in the spelling bee, she'd ask them to spell "leak" but would pronounce it "leahck" to throw them off, and some kids would forget the k.

I forget what grade but during our school spelling be, the teacher that gave me my word had a Russian accent and I thought she said "Smiley", so that is what I spelled and it turned out she said "smiling". I got hosed!!!

QUOTE(ROC Sox Fan @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:32 PM)
That was a nice grab by Paulie behind his body.

What new...welcome back "rookie" Crede and 2003 Konerko.

Good news for our pathetic offense. Toby Hall just went deep.

Edited by caulfield12

This is so freaking embarrassing. It's really a good thing we didn't keep Eduardo Perez on the roster.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 13, 2007 -> 06:36 PM)
This offense has no bite

I have a feeling our winning ways lately have masked all these issues in the front office, and no chances are even being considered. It's fascinating though to see De La Rosa keep everything down, and Vazquez throwing everything up.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
This is so freaking embarrassing. It's really a good thing we didn't keep Eduardo Perez on the roster.

I have a feeling our winning ways lately have masked all these issues in the front office, and no chances are even being considered. It's fascinating though to see De La Rosa keep everything down, and Vazquez throwing everything up.

That's what I have been saying...too many comparisons to 2005 with the "timely hitting" and just enough to get it done attitude. You also need a more reliable bullpen to start comparing this team to 05.

Toby Hall homers for Charotte, yay!

Edited by caulfield12