White Sox vs. Royals, 5/13/07 (L)

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
Am I being overly negative when I say the Royals have just as much talent in their lineup as the Sox do? I'm so disappointed in KW for not doing more to help this offense.

I'm having more fun watching the diminutive Chinese woman dominate 9 Ball on ESPN. At least she can generate some power, and she probably weighs 100 pounds.

That's how exciting the White Sox have been for me this year.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 13, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
But his technique leaves something to be desired.

I'm glad you can already tell us by just watching the whole two months of baseball that Chris Young has played -- and I'm sure you've seen every single movement by Young this year, too. Pray tell, why aren't you a major league scout again?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 13, 2007 -> 02:42 PM)
Yes you are.

The Royals suck and the Sox are hurting.

Gordon was the Collegiate Player of the Year and a Top 10-15 prospect in the majors

DeJesus is at worst the equal of anyone we use in CF

German would be our best hitter this season

Buck has some pop and is fairly comparable with AJ

Grudzielanek is better than Iguchi this season

Teahen is hitting better than Dye

Mike Sweeney is better than any DH we've used since Thome went down

Gload has 16 RBI's, but you have to favor Konerko, although his average isn't close to Gload's

And Pena is lousy at SS, advantage Uribe

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 13, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
I'm glad you can already tell us by just watching the whole two months of baseball that Chris Young has played -- and I'm sure you've seen every single movement by Young this year, too. Pray tell, why aren't you a major league scout again?

I have MLB.tv and Extra Innings...I've seen most of his games.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:45 PM)

Just to add on to this point with what I think is a more important argument...if the White Sox want to be a better team next year than this year, and have room to bring in someone in FA like an Ichiro who fills a real obvious need, or even just to hold on to some of our guys like MB, the Sox really need to have a couple of young guys to bring in other than just Danks.

The only way we can afford to bring in an Ichiro is if we get some success out of Anderson, Sweeney, Fields, and some of our pitchers. If we can't get these young guys to succeed, we don't have the money to buy our way around those failures.

If you throw in Young...even if he's never an all-star, even if he's only an average OF...the White Sox could desperately use an average offensive OF who is making the league minimum right now.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
Any chance Zambrano doesn't dominate us next week? I really don't like how we match up with the Cubs right now.

I'd say that out of the pitchers the Cubs will throw at us, Z seems to scare me the least.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 13, 2007 -> 07:50 PM)
Just to add on to this point with what I think is a more important argument...if the White Sox want to be a better team next year than this year, and have room to bring in someone in FA like an Ichiro who fills a real obvious need, or even just to hold on to some of our guys like MB, the Sox really need to have a couple of young guys to bring in other than just Danks.

The only way we can afford to bring in an Ichiro is if we get some success out of Anderson, Sweeney, Fields, and some of our pitchers. If we can't get these young guys to succeed, we don't have the money to buy our way around those failures.

We're not going to get Ichiro. Considering we're more than likely going young at many other positions, bringing in an aging veteran who hasn't helped his team win in a few years isn't what we need. I'd rather save the money and try to trade for some guys who might be free agents in a year or two, and lock them up to contract extensions.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 13, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
Damn.

Normally I would be happy to win the series, but @ home against the Royals, I don't think that way.

If we play like we have this series, we're going 0-6 next week.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
Am I being overly negative when I say the Royals have just as much talent in their lineup as the Sox do? I'm so disappointed in KW for not doing more to help this offense.

Talent-wise, yes. Not even the most pessimistic of people thought our offense would be this atrocious, and I wouldn't mind being proven wrong if anyone made any off-season posts stating so.

Execution-wise, no, there aren't enough negative words to describe the offense. Looks like the worst in baseball offensively.

And if you just mean today's lineup, it's party due to injuries, but I agree that we still should not look this atrocious.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 13, 2007 -> 07:55 PM)
Talent-wise, yes. Not even the most pessimistic of people thought our offense would be this atrocious, and I wouldn't mind being proven wrong if anyone made any off-season posts stating so.

Execution-wise, no, there aren't enough negative words to describe the offense. Looks like the worst in baseball offensively.

And if you just mean today's lineup, it's party due to injuries, but I agree that we still should not look this atrocious.

There were a few of us begging for upgrades. KW deserves so much blame for not bringing in a leadoff hitter who can play against righties and lefties. And please don't give me the whole....who would you have brought in? I have no clue who was available, but the GM's job is supposed to be to find players that can fit into the holes you have. Under no circumstances should Barbaro have been brought back to play LF and leadoff.

We just turned 3 pitchers into Cy Young impersonators. Cy Perez (6.70 ERA coming in), Cy Elarton (coming off the DL, first start), and Cy De La Rosa (4.04 ERA coming in). Now, de La Rosa hasn't been bad, but three f***ing hits?!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 13, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
Willie Harris.

Not even the Royals' pen can blow this game.

Every time with get to 3 games over .500, we fall back...it has happened 3-4 times now this season.

And we're HIGHLY unlikely to wake up out of our slumber against the Yankees and Cubs.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
There were a few of us begging for upgrades. KW deserves so much blame for not bringing in a leadoff hitter who can play against righties and lefties. And please don't give me the whole....who would you have brought in? I have no clue who was available, but the GM's job is supposed to be to find players that can fit into the holes you have. Under no circumstances should Barbaro have been brought back to play LF and leadoff.

I agree completely. Hated the pods re-signing as I thought I was 90% sure he would not be brought back.

But I blame this more on the middle of the order not hitting than just the lead-off spot and Kenny. We have high-expectation guys being paid good money that are creating some holes by sucking so much.

And when guys like cintron and mack were signed last year, many were calling the bench one of the most solid...