White Sox vs, Cubs, 5/19/07 (L)

Heads22

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ May 19, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
You will take anything to get a shot at Ozzie. Vazquez is pitching for christs sake, get off Ozzie's ass for a second.

He had Vazquez bunt to basically give Marquis an out when he couldn't get anyone out. Pinella lets Marquis swing away. Advantage Pinella.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
He had Vazquez bunt to basically give Marquis an out when he couldn't get anyone out. Pinella lets Marquis swing away. Advantage Pinella.

Marquis is a good hitting pitcher. Vazquez doesn't get many opportunities to hit anymore so I didn't mind the bunt. He actually got a nice one down, but too bad Erstad can't stop hitting slow ground balls to the right side of the IF.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
HEY KW TAKE THIS TEAM AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR f***ING ASS

Everybody minus KW and OZ knew what this team was. A team that would be right around the .500 mark, we don't have the total package to get on a huge run, so we are gonna win 3-4 games straight and then lose them.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)

Yeah, let Vazquez swing away and ground into a DP. Marquis is known as a good hitting pitcher, Vazquez is not.

People cry for small ball and moving guys on the bases, than Ozzie does it when he is suppose to and he gets flamed! BRILLIANT!

Pinella gets full credit for Marquis hitting a home run, I guess.

QUOTE(spiderman @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
Marquis is a good hitting pitcher. Vazquez doesn't get many opportunities to hit anymore so I didn't mind the bunt. He actually got a nice one down, but too bad Erstad can't stop hitting slow ground balls to the right side of the IF.

That atbat looks that much worse now, doesn't it?

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
Maybe its time for all you f***ing losers to jump off the bandwagon and go back where you came from!!! All you EVER do is b****!!

So says the guy who joined in 05 when we had a large lead.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ May 19, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
Maybe its time for all you f***ing losers to jump off the bandwagon and go back where you came from!!! All you EVER do is b****!!

Ah yes, time to start taking out frustrations on posters instead of the team.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
Everybody minus KW and OZ knew what this team was. A team that would be right around the .500 mark, we don't have the total package to get on a huge run, so we are gonna win 3-4 games straight and then lose them.

Hard to argue with the fact that the White Sox are a .500 type team, as that's all they have been since the All Star break last season.

Yes, the pitching is improved to this point, but the hitting just is not consistent.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 19, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
Yeah, let Vazquez swing away and ground into a DP. Marquis is known as a good hitting pitcher, Vazquez is not.

People cry for small ball and moving guys on the bases, than Ozzie does it when he is suppose to and he gets flamed! BRILLIANT!

Pinella gets full credit for Marquis hitting a home run, I guess.

Who cries for smallball? Outside of a few hit-and-runs, I think most of us would be happy to never see the Sox try to bunt again. Did you miss the part where they were saying Vazquez is a good hitting pitcher? And yes, Pinella does get a ton of credit for letting Marquis hit away. He knows there's no reason to play for one run and give up an out with the wind blowing out.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)

i've been very optimistic all season, but we need to turn this around quickly IMO. the division is too good to be floundering around until the all-star break.

QUOTE(spiderman @ May 19, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
Hard to argue with the fact that the White Sox are a .500 type team, as that's all they have been since the All Star break last season.

Yes, the pitching is improved to this point, but the hitting just is not consistent.

I think we are a game away from being over .500. Think positive Spider!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
That atbat looks that much worse now, doesn't it?

No, I probably still would have bunted there. He's been in the AL now for the past 2 years, so if he does make solid contact, it's probably a double play. Erstad is the one hitter in our lineup hitting once in awhile with that dominating .259 average.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 19, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
KW gives this f***ing gas can 11 million a year. What the f*** is that, the guy is a f***ing headcase!! What a waste!! f*** this team!!!

If you're taking it that seriously, maybe you should get away from the tv or computer for awhile.

This is not unexpected.