Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

I dont know how anyone who has NHL hasnt gotten into the EASHL. Its the coolest, most in depth thing in any sports game I have seen. You create a team, play with anywhere from 2-6 vs 2-6 and it keeps stats and records for anything. It also gives every team their own page on easportsworld.com.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/7.../66999/overview

That is my teams page Her 5 Hole. They have monthly seasons, my team had back to back top 10 finishes and earned a spot in the 12 team yearly playoffs and couldnt participate because of the name. Winners get a trip to New York for the NHL 11 launch event.

http://www.operationsports.com/eashl/forum/index.php

Thats a link to the EASHL forum if anyone is interested in checking it out. People who play NHL might not even know how the gameplay works so I suggest checking out online team play in game modes to try some pick up games and see if you like it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

e3 going on now. Nintendo's Wii line-up looks pretty sick. Zelda, GoldenEye, Epic Mickey, Metroid Other M, Kirby, Retro's Donkey Kong Country 4. Epic Mickey in particular is looking like the game of the show.

Microsoft bombed all over the place.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 11:37 AM)
e3 going on now. Nintendo's Wii line-up looks pretty sick. Zelda, GoldenEye, Epic Mickey, Metroid Other M, Kirby, Retro's Donkey Kong Country 4. Epic Mickey in particular is looking like the game of the show.

Microsoft bombed all over the place.

I thought Microsoft did pretty well. Halo Reach, Gears of War 3, Fable 3 and Metal Gear Solid: Rising. Exclusive deal with Call of Duty to get to get map packs first. Kinect looks to be pretty cool.

After seeing pics and video of the new 360, I laughed because its essentially a want to be original PS3. Glossy finish, black, and touch buttons!

Also

If you have to put a sticker on your console that says do not move when disc is in, then maybe you should do something about that before releasing it.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
After seeing pics and video of the new 360, I laughed because its essentially a want to be original PS3. Glossy finish, black, and touch buttons!

Also

If you have to put a sticker on your console that says do not move when disc is in, then maybe you should do something about that before releasing it.

What a piece of garbage!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Who lifts their XBox while they are playing it?

Well, I'm not saying people should powerlift their 360, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for one to get bumped into with a disc inside, thus ruining said disc. You'd think if you were making a big deal about a relaunch of basically the same system with a bigger hard drive, you'd go out of your way to ensure the drive could sustain slight bumps or movement.

Clearly, the issue is bigger than "oh well he was shaking it" since they put stickers on the system which I have never seen on a new 360 or PS3 before...

My friend barely bumped into his xbox and it destroyed his Modern Warfare 2 5 minutes after he opened it and put it in the system. Would have been 60 bucks down the drain if Walmart didn't believe him that it came like that. So yes all it takes is a bump.

Nintendo 3DS line-up:

Zelda: Ocarina of Time Remake

PilotWings

Kid Icarus

StarFox

Paper Mario

Mario Kart

Animal Crossing

Nintendogs + Cats

Kingdom Hearts

Street Fighter 4

Resident Evil Revelations

Metal Gear Solid Naked Sample

Ridge Racer

Splinter Cell

That line-up is amazing

I've never played Sly Cooper before but by all accounts it's a very good series. If they price the remastered PS3 bundle at $40 I'll probably pull the trigger. I absolutely love what they're doing with the classic titles.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)

Also

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to move ANY console when a game's running....

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to move ANY console when a game's running....

Yes, but most consoles don't destroy the disc at the slightest bump, or need a sticker telling you not to.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
I still can't believe that thing only cost me $299.99. It still feels like I stole the f***er.

Mine is an original 60gb, so it cost me 600. But I still love it.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
Random but it belongs here does anyone else absolutely love the smell of a new video game?

LOL thats like the first thing i do when i get a game, tear that pesky plastic off and sniff that instruction manual :headbang