Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
It's a really good Wild West GTA.

I found the game significantly more enjoyable start-to-finish than GTA IV. GTA IV was a lot of fun, but the missions got incredibly repetitive. Red Dead managed to keep things pretty fresh throughout.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 12:49 AM)
It's awesome. If you like GTA games you'll love it, and I personally think its better then GTA IV.

It is better than normal GTA.

In normal GTA I often found myself just stealing cars and killing random people, I have yet to run into that with Red Dead Redemption.. I am trying to do the challenges and s***, where as with normal GTA I just did my own thing..

So I finally beat 100% of Red Dead Redemption, I beat all the challenges and the story line and it was awesome. Now I'm looking forward to NCAA Football '11.. also if you get the demo of college football and play it, you can unlock 11 nike pro combat jerseys, just an FYI that I thought was cool

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 01:21 AM)
So I finally beat 100% of Red Dead Redemption, I beat all the challenges and the story line and it was awesome. Now I'm looking forward to NCAA Football '11.. also if you get the demo of college football and play it, you can unlock 11 nike pro combat jerseys, just an FYI that I thought was cool

Same just finished Red Dead like 5 minutes ago. Loved and hated the ending, but loved it more because it went the less traditional route which was good.

Overall just an amazing game, but I do wish there were more

to the Jack Marston storyline. I was totally thinking he would get with Bonnie MacFarlane and go after Archer etc.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)
Same just finished Red Dead like 5 minutes ago. Loved and hated the ending, but loved it more because it went the less traditional route which was good.

to the Jack Marston storyline. I was totally thinking he would get with Bonnie MacFarlane and go after Archer etc.

Did you go to the Train Station in Blackwater yet? There is a stranger mission there that's pretty important..

Also, thats what DLC is for

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 04:14 AM)
Did you go to the Train Station in Blackwater yet? There is a stranger mission there that's pretty important..

Also, thats what DLC is for

Yea I figured that out in like a minture after you take on the Jack Marston part. Just wanted more to that party of the story, but I guess it leaves it for a second one.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)

I just finished it and felt like the ending was a bit disjointed. You finish your task, then do another hours worth of bulls*** quests, and then you're given a semi-predictable ending. Still pretty solid though.

I'd give it an 8/10. It's not the greatest game ever, despite some of the reviews. Very buggy, boring and repetitive at times (cattle herding = AWFUL). But, the parts that were done right were done really well. The landscape visuals are amazing, especially during rainstorms. That was probably my favorite part. I'll definitely grab any DLC they come out with.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 07:33 PM)
I just finished it and felt like the ending was a bit disjointed. You finish your task, then do another hours worth of bulls*** quests, and then you're given a semi-predictable ending. Still pretty solid though.

I'd give it an 8/10. It's not the greatest game ever, despite some of the reviews. Very buggy, boring and repetitive at times (cattle herding = AWFUL). But, the parts that were done right were done really well. The landscape visuals are amazing, especially during rainstorms. That was probably my favorite part. I'll definitely grab any DLC they come out with.

Rockstar games always have mission that are incredibly boring/annoying.. I hate racing the most, although it was easier on horseback than it is in a Porsche..

The worst part of the game for me was near the end where you just worked as a farmer for like 5 missions in a row, there was literally no action for a good chunk of that section.. It got to a point where I was just like holy s*** im done herding cattle and shooing crows away from my crop, when can I blow someones head off?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:12 AM)
There was a point to that though. It was Marston trying to settle down and lead that mundane rancher life.

I agree, but I think some cut scenes would have been better to set up the rancher life, Jack as the idealist dreamer and not the fighting type, etc.

I figured the game was going to end after Dutch kills himself, so adding some hunting quests or herding quests seemed really dull and boring. I also thought that the gov't agent would kill him when he asked for his gun (after Dutch jumped). It didn't make sense to me that he had the opportunity to kill him right there, but instead he waits for days/weeks until Marston is settled and then brings the army with him. Why not just get it over with easily? It also bugged me a little that Marston just gave up. You just took on like 50 dudes before getting into the barn, what's another 12? Start shooting from windows or something.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:12 AM)
There was a point to that though. It was Marston trying to settle down and lead that mundane rancher life.

I understand there was a point to it, it was just really boring and I could have done without it..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm actually excited for this year's Madden.

Players no longer run like they're stuck in mud. They got a new and less boring play by play man in Gus Johnson. The whole gameflow feature looks kind of interesting.

Plus, it looks like the presentation has taken a step up this year. They have nice superbowl celebration video cuts now and Obama is in it! lol

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1108432p1.html

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
I'm actually excited for this year's Madden.

Players no longer run like they're stuck in mud. They got a new and less boring play by play man in Gus Johnson. The whole gameflow feature looks kind of interesting.

Plus, it looks like the presentation has taken a step up this year. They have nice superbowl celebration video cuts now and Obama is in it! lol

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1108432p1.html

Is he wearing a Sox cap?

That's an amazing celebration video, but I'm still gonna rent Madden first.