Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 09:41 AM)
Anyone else get Reach? Pretty sick game so far, still getting used to using the abilities and length of time to kill someone has increased, I keep thinking it is Halo 3 or 2 and assume the guy is dead after 4 headshots or an AR clip and beat down.

Campaign seems ok, thru 4 missions, hasn't taken long at all I feel like more could be put into it.

I played the campaign for about an hour or so last night. Really like it so far. I'm Looking forward to the firefight mode.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
I loved the Halo Reach campaign and I'm still adjusting to online play since the BR is significantly different from Halo 3 as are the damage grenades and melee attacks do. I really don't think I'm going to like the arena system for ranked play though.

campaign is pretty cool.. have to play it at the harder difficulties to really get any fun factor out of it (strategizing, having to pick off grunts first before going after the big cheese). firefight mode is awesome and youre rewarded with a decent amount of credits if u do well, 600-900 depending on how well u do/slot machine credits, and you dont have to deal with the modders playing team slayer that can jump, do a 360, and headshot you from across the map.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
I loved the Halo Reach campaign and I'm still adjusting to online play since the BR is significantly different from Halo 3 as are the damage grenades and melee attacks do. I really don't think I'm going to like the arena system for ranked play though.

Almost finished with the campaign, it is pretty solid, I feel like the Halo 3 campaign levels were a bit longer. I am still getting used to the new maps, I like the fact they remade Ascension, Sanctuary and Ivory Tower, some of my favorite Halo 2 maps. So far, the cage seems like a solid map but the spawns suck, although they suck for almost every map during the game, I feel like I'm spawning amongst fire. Boardwalk I enjoyed until I played it with snipers, it is hard to see people with all the damn trees but I like the new sniper a lot.

As for the abilities, the jet pack is going to become annoying quick, many people seem to be grabbing snipers and getting to a high point, I feel they need to limit some abilities to different levels. My preference is the sprint ability, although this may be because I am an avid Modern Warfare 2 player as well.

Yes, the length it takes to kill someone is longer, hard getting used to.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
MLB 2K8 is the closest thing you can find to MVP 2005. I still play MLB 2K8, in my third year running a parallel franchise to the real life White Sox. I have the injuries turned off, but have the option to force trades turned on. So, when someone gets hurt for real, and I don't have room on one of the minor league rosters, I can trade them to another team until they are active again. Jake Peavy is with the Padres until he's healthy again, I had Teahen with Pittsburgh until he began his rehab. I had to create Vizquel, Threets and Aquino because they had all retired on the game. So did Thome.

2K8 sucks, it got some of the worst reviews and didn't sell at all, which is why 2K9 went back to Visual Concepts. 2K7 was alright, but the Show trumps all of them at this point.

Congratulations, Nintendo. You've managed to make a game for the Wii that matches the graphics of one you released for the 64 over 13 years ago.

Am I the only person disgusted that they replaced Pierce Brosnan with Daniel Craig for a game about a movie that starred Pierce Brosnan? I'll admit, for the novelty alone I want to try this game out, but I am glad that the most exciting game my system has to release this year is a not a remake, with basically the same graphics, of a game that came out half my lifetime ago.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
Congratulations, Nintendo. You've managed to make a game for the Wii that matches the graphics of one you released for the 64 over 13 years ago.

Am I the only person disgusted that they replaced Pierce Brosnan with Daniel Craig for a game about a movie that starred Pierce Brosnan? I'll admit, for the novelty alone I want to try this game out, but I am glad that the most exciting game my system has to release this year is a not a remake, with basically the same graphics, of a game that came out half my lifetime ago.

This isnt even close to the most exciting game that has(or will) come out this year.

Super Mario Brothers Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, Kirbys Epic Yarn Sin & Punishment 2, and the upcoming Zelda title are much bigger fish than this port of Goldeneye

I saw a commercial for a game the other day but I have no idea what the name of it was. It looked like you were a character trying to fight your way through a bunch of zombies with whatever happened to be lying around on the floor.

Anyone know the name of this? Sorry the description is so vague.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
I saw a commercial for a game the other day but I have no idea what the name of it was. It looked like you were a character trying to fight your way through a bunch of zombies with whatever happened to be lying around on the floor.

Anyone know the name of this? Sorry the description is so vague.

Dead Rising. Haven't played the 2nd one but the first one is quite entertaining.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
I believe I'll be taking my talents to NBA 2k11 this season. The Elite demo was pure TRASH. This is coming from one of the biggest NBA Live fans around too. So disappointed.

The demo did some good things. The bad things are, the remote at times is unresponsive. And the controls take some getting used to. But the controls in the end are great at the same time. I liken it to FIFA. Total control with the ball. I think it can be great a few years down. I also liked the Legendary mode.

No doubt about it though, 2k11 seems like the better game this year though.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
I believe I'll be taking my talents to NBA 2k11 this season. The Elite demo was pure TRASH. This is coming from one of the biggest NBA Live fans around too. So disappointed.

I'm just gonna buy nothing more than likely. I'll just call you if I need to play.

I'll most likely actually buy both. I have been extremely competitive online in Live over the past 3 or 4 years to give up on the series but I really hated the demo. The new controls have great potential but at the moment, it just sucked. Nothing seemed very fluid to me and shooting seems like it will be too easy to get real good at to be any fun online.