White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)

briguy27

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2007 -> 02:03 AM)
If that was Buehrle or AJ's call, then that's even dumber. There's no doubt in my mind it was intentional.

Oh it was definitely intentional. First pitch waaaaay inside followed by an AJ mound visit followed by a pitch right on Harris' hip. I'm sorry, Buehrle has too good of control for that not to have been intentional.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 26, 2007 -> 02:04 AM)
Oh it was definitely intentional. First pitch waaaaay inside followed by an AJ mound visit followed by a pitch right on Harris' hip. I'm sorry, Buehrle has too good of control for that not to have been intentional.

What type of idiot, be it Ozzie or AJ or Buehrle, calls for that there?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 25, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)

Then he has way too good of control to hang that change to Dukes.

I don't think that was intentional, and I have no problem with Buehrle staying in with two outs.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 25, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
What type of idiot, be it Ozzie or AJ or Buehrle, calls for that there?

It's over with. We'll never know who it was.

I'd guess AJ.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 25, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)

I don't think that was intentional, and I have no problem with Buehrle staying in with two outs.

:cheers

Come on team!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 26, 2007 -> 02:05 AM)

Buehrle's thrown tons of high change-ups all game. What he hasn't done is nearly hit anyone with two inside fastballs like he did with Harris.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 25, 2007 -> 09:08 PM)
Buehrle's thrown tons of high change-ups all game. What he hasn't done is nearly hit anyone with two inside fastballs like he did with Harris.

it's possible that they may have gotten away. :P

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 26, 2007 -> 02:05 AM)

That's two different things. Buehrle threw two fastballs inside with the intent of hitting Harris. That's a little different than hanging a breaking/offspeed pitch.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 26, 2007 -> 02:10 AM)
That's two different things. Buehrle threw two fastballs inside with the intent of hitting Harris. That's a little different than hanging a breaking/offspeed pitch.

If Buehrle meant to hit Harris, then he got what he deserved. I also think Buehrle thought he'd be coming out after that batter, so he wanted to get his retaliation in before he left.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 25, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)

It's either a mistake, or someone is completely retarded as it brings the tying run to the plate.

I'm more willing to lean towards a mistake is all.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 26, 2007 -> 02:11 AM)
It's nothing personal. I like the way he plays. He's one of the few that hustles. But I really don't like him. Seems like a good guy, though.

I like him a lot....but he can't be playing every day. We need a new LF!

Ha...MacDougal in to face a lefty? Good grief!

Does Ozzie know we have 3 lefties in the bullpen? MacDougal sucks vs lefties.

Crawford is better against righties, and lefties have a 3.38 WHIP against MacDougal.