White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/27/07 (L)

briguy27

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 27, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)
Sox have always sucked on Sundays. I wonder if is has something to do with the Sunday special line-ups?
I am sure it does, but it is not like we have Sunday pitchers. The Runs Against is horrible. Edited by RME JICO

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ May 27, 2007 -> 04:29 PM)
Fixed it for you.

My post did not require your "fixing."

This team does not suck. Quality players like Dye and Konerko have not been doing their jobs. This team does need a tweaking by KW, and although they have been playing poorly at times during the first two months, they do not suck. If they sucked, theyd be playing well under .500.

If you can't stand the heat of a pennant race, go over to Wrigley.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 27, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)
My post did not require your "fixing."

This team does not suck. Quality players like Dye and Konerko have not been doing their jobs. This team does need a tweaking by KW, and although they have been playing poorly at times during the first two months, they do not suck. If they sucked, theyd be playing well under .500.

If you can't stand the heat of a pennant race, go over to Wrigley.

Ha...the Cubs chances of making the playoffs are much greater than the Sox's chances are. Their division might be the worst I've ever seen. The teams in the NL Central simply get their ass-kicked by teams outside their division.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
Ha...the Cubs chances of making the playoffs are much greater than the Sox's chances are. Their division might be the worst I've ever seen. The teams in the NL Central simply get their ass-kicked by teams outside their division.

I'm sure you'll be happy at Wrigley for the rest of the season.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 27, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
I'm sure you'll be happy at Wrigley for the rest of the season.

I hate the Cubs more than anyone on this site. However, they have a lot of talent on that team.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
I hate the Cubs more than anyone on this site. However, they have a lot of talent on that team.

We would be the favorites to win that division no doubt, so I dont know where he gets off making that comment about you. The NL central sucks, saying the Cubs prob have a better shot than us doesnt make you a Cubs fan it makes you a non-homer fan.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)

And I hate the way the Sox have been playing more than anyone on this board. But a little perspective is in order.

And for the record, our Sox also have a lot of talent on the team as well. They just need a little tweaking and for the talent they have to play up to their capabilities.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 27, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
And I hate the way the Sox have been playing more than anyone on this board. But a little perspective is in order.

And for the record, our Sox also have a lot of talent on the team as well. They just need a little tweaking and for the talent they have to play up to their capabilities.

The Cubs went out and spent a fortune...yes, they spent too much, but they acquired some very talented players this offseason. They've lost so many close games this year, and it's unlikely they'll continue to have such bad luck in one run games. I'm sure their pitching won't stay this good all year, but that team is going to have an amazing offense when the wind is blowing out. I don't know if people have been watching, but the Brewers suck. They seem to lose 4 or 5 games every week now.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 27, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
This loss comes down to 2 things you could see a mile away at any point from the winter until now: 1. The bullpen is for the most part very inexperienced,and right now, sucks 2. Vazquez is a so so pitcher who strikes out a lot of guys.

I disagree with no. 2. The home run to Pena was a high fly ball that carried. It wasn't hit that well at all. Take away that, and Mack giving up that triple, Vazquez has a very good day.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 27, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
I disagree with no. 2. The home run to Pena was a high fly ball that carried. It wasn't hit that well at all. Take away that, and Mack giving up that triple, Vazquez has a very good day.

Vazquez has to play the conditions though. If the wind is blowing out that much, then he needs to keep the ball down. He was throwing everything up in the zone today though, and the 6th inning comeback started because of walking Greg Norton to leadoff the inning.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 27, 2007 -> 05:28 PM)

Its the story of his career. Look at whitesox.com, Vazquez strikes out 7. It doesn't mention he has 10 starts and 2 wins this year. It doesn't mention he blew the 2 run lead (not implying the bullpen wouldn't have blown it anyway). $12.5 million a year, you should get more than that. BTW, the ball Pena hit, he hit pretty well.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 27, 2007 -> 05:28 PM)

You can't go adding and subtracting from peoples lines. If that was the case every player would carry better lines and every team would have more wins. It doesn't work that way.

Vazquez is a #5. He will give you some really good games throughout the season and some really bad ones. He cannot be counted on when you need him or in pressure situations.

Just because someone has potential doesn't mean they are going to reach it. Everyone needs to realize that this guy is nothing more than a 5th starter.