White Sox vs. Twins, 5/29/07 (L)

knightni

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:02 PM)
Another awesome read from the man who is a better defender than Aaron Rowand.

How many times have you played CF in that dome?

I saw Torii Hunter misread 15 balls last season in the second half last year (the ankle injury didn't help his closing speed either), and he's played there his entire career.

We'll just hope and pray to win one of three and get out of there with any confidence intact.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:01 PM)
Too old, doesn't hit lefties any longer (with tonight's blooper the exception), won't get you much more than 20 stolen bases, he's injury-prone on that turf...I just think his body is too beaten down.

Essentially, we need the type of players who will be maturing and entering their primes in the next 2-3 seasons, and that's why Castillo, who would have made more sense in 2005 or 2006, wouldn't have much of a future with the White Sox.

And that's the second homer by Morneau off Danks, both times creating a 3-1 lead (I think).

Nope, the first one was against Santana, and he shut us out, I believe.

QUOTE(Iguchicago @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:03 PM)
That's because hardly anything positive is ever said. It's always like OMG HAWK SAID THIS or OMG OZZIE IS THE WORST MANAGER EVER. I've noticed that 100% of your posts have something ridiculously negative in them ,even if the subject is positive.

What can you possibly say that is positive concerning this team???

QUOTE(Iguchicago @ May 30, 2007 -> 01:03 AM)
That's because hardly anything positive is ever said. It's always like OMG HAWK SAID THIS or OMG OZZIE IS THE WORST MANAGER EVER. I've noticed that 100% of your posts have something ridiculously negative in them ,even if the subject is positive.

If you hate everything being said during the threads, then why even make a comment to us? There's plenty of optimists on this site to raise a glass to you, etc.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
Watching Danks and Jenks pitch are the bright spots in Sox games, as well as watching Thome hit against righties. Besides that, it's an incredibly dull team.

Well, PK is heating up, so I look forward to his AB's.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
What can you possibly say that is positive concerning this team???

Forgive me I forgot how this team was the worst in baseball at everything. Also, has the worst manager ever in history. And that there's clearly no hope for anything whatsoever.

Wow, this might be the 2nd worst outing of the season by a starter. This team needs a kick in the ass. He doesn't look comfortable at all out there....his follow-thru is bad. Good thing Cooper's gone out there to settle him down.

Edited by fathom

Well 5-1 doesn't mean it's for sure over. But it means our middle relief will pitch a lot, which DOES mean it's for sure over. Danks was due for a bad start, the writing has been on the wall lately in a lot of ways. I just hope this doesn't get too ugly.

QUOTE(Iguchicago @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:06 PM)
Forgive me I forgot how this team was the worst in baseball at everything. Also, has the worst manager ever in history. And that there's clearly no hope for anything whatsoever.

Your not giving me any examples. What is so positive about this team right now??

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
Nope, the first one was against Santana, and he shut us out, I believe.

I'm almost positive we lost that one 3-1, it was the Fox Saturday game.

Second homer tonight by a lefty.

Gardenhire gets great results out of a lefty (Kubel) who hits lefties well....not relying on the traditional/expected Lou Ford/Danks match-up.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
Your not giving me any examples. What is so positive about this team right now??

Terrero

Erstad

Masset

Danks (until tonight)

some of the Sox hitters SEEM to be coming around, somewhat (LOL)

Thome's healthy, I guess

21 pitches, 20 pitches, 30 pitches already

Danks is our fifth starter. He is a 22 year old rookie that has pitched out of his mind so far. You knew he would have a bad outing. It happens. These games are magnified because the offense decided to take a dump on the field for 2 months.

It would be nice to see the offense try and help out after they s*** on the field for 2 months.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 29, 2007 -> 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want some mother f***ing athletes that can run and move on this team, guys that can create (to go with the power bats we have).

I'd like to pick up a speedy 2nd baseman and an outfielder that has good speed, can hit for a decent average and field.

Yes. Exactly, even if you have to give up somebody you would not want to. Oh and I also think they learn to pitch inside a whole lot better but I am like you I guess, what do I know.

77 pitches for John here and quite a few he'd like back.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
With the way this season is going, I'm going to want Hawk's head on the platter first when it's over. What a freaking baby.

It is unbearable to listen to him. He should be doing Twins broadcasts most of the time since he is such a huge fan of everything Twins.

The one thing about Extra Innings package and MLB.tv is that you hear what broadcasters are suppose to sound like, than we have to settle for our two broadcasting teams. I do think if DJ was with a legit PBP guy, he would be better.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 30, 2007 -> 01:10 AM)
With the way this season is going, I'm going to want Hawk's head on the platter first when it's over. What a freaking baby.

It can't get worse than the last two months of last season, when every game, he said the following:

You know what DJ, this is the most talented team I've ever seen. I can't believe they haven't gelled yet. I've talked to scouts of the opposing team, and they all tell me that you guys will be fine, don't worry. You know what DJ, if it wasn't for the two injuries, Ozzie might be going for his 3rd straight World Series title.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:11 PM)
Yes. Exactly, even if you have to give up somebody you would not want to. Oh and I also think they learn to pitch inside a whole lot better but I am like you I guess, what do I know.

77 pitches for John here and quite a few he'd like back.

Iguchi would have been fine FIVE years ago, but he's aging rapidly and his defense is starting to hurt the White Sox as well.

He was actually a pretty decent stolen base threat in Japan and was relatively quick his first season with us, but he's gone downhill steadily since then.