AGon sent down?

Heads22

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 09:14 PM)
Anderson has been DH'ing a bit because his shoulde is sore so I doubt he gets called up. But in the state things are in right now, nothing would surprise me.

The only reason I could see Anderson come up is as a defensive replacement late in games right now, although I suppose we have Terrero for that.

Spose it oculd be Tomas Perez or Craig Wilson too.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
If we sent down Gonzalez to call up Perez....I quit!

I bet that is what is happening. You knew Tomas was coming as soon as we signed him, Ozzie can't resist. If it's Wilson that's ok, and that wouldn't surprise me either.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:20 AM)
I bet that is what is happening. You knew Tomas was coming as soon as we signed him, Ozzie can't resist.

It would be another move that would just endear Ozzie to the likes of Fields, Anderson, etc.

Remember the 40 man roster implications, the team has 39 on the 40 at the moment.

If they buy Tomas Perez' contract they will of course be at 40 which would prevent them from adding pitchers who are throwing pretty well at the moment like Prinz or Bukvich and have some ML experience. If they added Perez and wanted to add a Prinz or a Bukvich they need to outright someone.

All this assumes a trade isn't brewing and personnel moves are moving people up/down.

All the pitchers they have on the 40 man, relievers anyways, are having the same control problems as Aardsma and the other underachievers. Carlos V. has been walking guys, Reynoso walks guys and they have not much else down there.

Especially with the Yankees coming in they may lean toward experience, ie at least Prinz and Bukvich have some.

We will wait and see but a move is expected for tomorrow.

A note on Craig Wilson, another 3 striekouts today, he whiffs like crazy.

Edited by 29thandPoplar

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
I bet that is what is happening. You knew Tomas was coming as soon as we signed him, Ozzie can't resist. If it's Wilson that's ok, and that wouldn't surprise me either.

We acquired him via trade.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:29 AM)
A note on Craig Wilson, another 3 striekouts today, he whiffs like crazy.

I'm sure you don't want to hear another negative thing from me, but an Atlanta Braves scout was talking with my "source" a few weeks ago, and he was raving about how bad Craig Wilson is. He said he should never play another game in the majors, and that he's playing at about A level baseball right now.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
Anderson and Fields for David Weathers?

The sad thing is that a trade that bad in principle wouldn't even hurt the Sox in long run since neither guy projects to have impact in the bigs anyway...

That would be insanely retarded.

According to someone on WSI with a "Source" is saying that Aardsma and Macdougal have been sent to AAA and that Prinz and Bukvich are coming this way... TIFWIW....Plus with Craig Wilson playing at about A ball level means he would fit right in here then.

Edited by EvilJester99

I'm sure you don't want to hear another negative thing from me, but an Atlanta Braves scout was talking with my "source" a few weeks ago, and he was raving about how bad Craig Wilson is. He said he should never play another game in the majors, and that he's playing at about A level baseball right now.

[/

That is because Craig Wilson isn't good. We need better players, not worse as you know. Our guys are already bad. Wilson would add nothing other than a guy to give Konerko a break and add a few more K's.

Tomas Perez might be better than Andy Gonzalez but again this is just shuffling the deck chairs around.

They need some experience in the pen badly. But I suppose if an incremental improvement can be made by demoting one guy and bringing up a different guy, hey why not. Things are that bad now.

According to someone on WSI with a "Source" is saying that Aardsma and Macdougal have been sent to AAA and that Prinz and Bukvich are coming this way... TIFWIW....Plus with Craig Wilson playing at about A ball level means he would fit right in here then.

Well if the guy is correct then this move makes sense.

However that means they need to outright a guy off the 40 man roster. Adding both Prinz and Bukvich puts them at 41. Maybe they got Andy Gonzalex through waivers if he was indeed sent down. that would mean he was outrighted off the 40 man.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
That would be insanely retarded.

I agree...I was just guessing at what further catastrophically bad move could be made that would fit in with the way the season is playing out. And I came up with that. And then I realized the Sox minor league system is so bad it wouldn't even matter if they traded two of their top 5 prospects for a middle reliever, because the Sox minor league system is a wasteland....

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:37 AM)
Anderson and Fields for David Weathers?

The sad thing is that a trade that bad in principle wouldn't even hurt the Sox in long run since neither guy projects to have impact in the bigs anyway...

If KW did that, I'd hope someone punches him in the face.

So our bullpen is Jenks, Thornton, Logan, Day, Prinz, and Buckvich?

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
Well if the guy is correct then this move makes sense.

However that means they need to outright a guy off the 40 man roster. Adding both Prinz and Bukvich puts them at 41. Maybe they got Andy Gonzalex through waivers if he was indeed sent down. that would mean he was outrighted off the 40 man.

According to Charlotte's roster, he's still on the 40 man.