White Sox vs. Yankees, 6/6/07 (L)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 02:04 AM)
Either way, SoxTalk b****es about it.

Let's see.....Owens gets a bad jump, Cabrera is playing shallow and has an amazing arm, there's one out, and the Sox are down 3 with your best power hitter on deck. I hope no one would have been complaining if he held him.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 09:08 PM)
I'm seriously beginning to think this is as good as it's going to get with this team this season - the occasional 3-4 game winning streak, followed by weeks of mediocrity.

I would accept a medicore offense at this point.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 02:05 AM)
Is it just me or do the White Sox lead the league in getting runners nailed at the plate by 20 feet?

We have to run 100 feet per base, and the opponents get 80 feet.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 09:08 PM)
Let's see.....Owens gets a bad jump, Cabrera is playing shallow and has an amazing arm, there's one out, and the Sox are down 3 with your best power hitter on deck. I hope no one would have been complaining if he held him.

fathom, you know better than that. Someone will complain either way. Hell, Owens scored on JD's flyball the other night and you yourself complained.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 02:09 AM)
fathom, you know better than that. Someone will complain either way. Hell, Owens scored on JD's flyball the other night and you yourself complained.

Yep, it was stupid to send him in that inning. At both points in the game, the out is more vital than the run scoring. If someone like Owens is out by as much as he was in the last inning, then that's a bad call.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 09:08 PM)

I am more focused on complaining about

A) the lack of offense

B ) the big hitters sucking ass

C) the bullpen

D) the manager and coaches (also hitting coach)

E) the gm's offseason acquisitions

F) the lack of decent replacements in the minors

G) Javy's new deal and the way he pitches

... I think that is it.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am more focused on complaining about

A) the lack of offense

B ) the big hitters sucking ass

C) the bullpen

D) the manager and coaches (also hitting coach)

E) the gm's offseason acquisitions

F) the lack of decent replacements in the minors

G) Javy's new deal and the way he pitches

... I think that is it.

javys pitching? are u serious? last outing, he went 8 and gave up no runs, and this game, he has given up 4 runs. sure, that isnt GREAT, but with the offense that we should have right now, 4 runs is a good game, b/c konerko, thome, and dye should all be hitting at least 275 right now

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)
Clemens must have been legit hurt. I mean if you're the NYY you wanted him to pitch against this offense, they do have the work for the pitchers

Why do you think Halladay came off the DL early.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
Yep, it was stupid to send him in that inning. At both points in the game, the out is more vital than the run scoring. If someone like Owens is out by as much as he was in the last inning, then that's a bad call.

Point is, we hold him at 3rd, and someone would say why not send him. We send him, he's out, and someone complains why we sent him. At this moment, nothing goes without being criticized.