White Sox vs Yankees, 6/7/07 (L)

Chisoxfn

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
Where does this lineup rank among the worst the Sox have put on the field in the last 10 years?

I've been watching since the early 90's (which was a different era than...after the early 90's) and I've never seen a lineup 1/4 as bad as this one.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 12:55 AM)
I honestly don't remember a team as lifeless as the current one, at least not in my lifetime. And our bullpen is just plain bad.

At what point does our manager start getting called out for how lifeless this team is?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
At what point does our manager start getting called out for how lifeless this team is?

We all know you aren't the biggest Ozzie backer, but how in the hell do you blame him for this ever so talented team we have on the field?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)

He has a ring and is busy doing a community service to latin players being indicted in the witch hunt against latinos via steroids so don't be so critical. This is all on the players.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)
We all know you aren't the biggest Ozzie backer, but how in the hell do you blame him for this ever so talented team we have on the field?

KW is the reason we won't make the playoffs, but this team looks dead. There is a difference between dead and bad.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 12:57 AM)

It doesn't matter....you can have 9 AAA players on the field, but if they look and play like they don't care, then that's the manager's ass to. Everyone used to say how great of a motivator Ozzie was. Well, it's time for him to do something to get this team going. For starters, can we just stop trying to make sure our leadoff hitter has no skills except for running? Owens is a terrible MLB hitter, yet we keep making sure he gets the most at-bats out of anyone.

I wonder how many two strike hits we can allow. Will this be the 3rd straight game where the Yanks put us away with a big inning?

Edited by fathom

Don't know if anyone heard DJ talk about Jermaine Dye. Supposedly he is out tonite with a problem with his chronically bad knee, it is getting drained and he will have to nurse it for a few weeks. Didn't seem to think he'd miss any time but found the comment interesting. Further I'm believing he is also out due to mental health, not just his knee. But it would explain in part why he has looked so horribly slow out there.

Second, the Iguchi error was a horrible hop. He still should have gotten it blocked but it was a really nasty hop.