White Sox vs Yankees, 6/7/07 (L)

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 06:38 PM)
Nice pitch by Contreras....but it's disturbing that he's only reaching 89 mph when he leans back and tries to throw it past someone.

the count's forkball is so nasty I don't care about his speed. When he's throwing it for strikes from multiple angles... :headbang

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crede had a nice year last year and I rate him as one of the better 3bman in all of baseball. Doesn't mean he is great, just tha the is in the top percentage. Still our org blows.

With the exception of 2006, Joe Crede has been in the bottom-third rank of the regular thir basemen in the MLB.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
Can you imagine any possible way this team can be competitive over the next 3 seasons?

they will compete with KC. But here is the deal, they will have alot of money to play with next year, it depends on what they do with it. If they use it they can compete, if they pocket it and go young then they won't compete for 5 years. KW is jerry krause, I don't think I trust him to rebuild a wood shed. So, no thye won't compete and we have no up and coming stars to mesh in with this team.

If the Yankees win, and Detroit continues its ass-raping of Texas, we're looking at 9 out of the division and 6.5 out of the wild card lead with six teams to jump. Delightful.

Goodbye, Buehrle. Dye -- the least you could do is get on a hot streak and drive up your value. Otherwise, hit well so you can bring this ballclub Type A compensation. We'll need every additional draft pick for next season.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:44 PM)
If the Yankees win, and Detroit continues its ass-raping of Texas, we're looking at 9 out of the division and 6.5 out of the wild card lead with six teams to jump. Delightful.

Goodbye, Buehrle. Dye -- the least you could do is get on a hot streak and drive up your value. Otherwise, hit well so you can bring this ballclub Type A compensation. We'll need every additional draft pick for next season.

I'm resigned to the fate we are better off falling way out of it and doing a firesale. Our present is bad either way, at least let's try to help the future.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wouldn't you rather see a certain hitting coach reassigned in the organization before moving our players in June?

This team needs a shakeup, and it starts with the coaches. Ozzie needs to step it up.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
With the exception of 2006, Joe Crede has been in the bottom-third rank of the regular thir basemen in the MLB.

i know you guys love stats and thats fine but Joe crede is a darn good 3baseman and he will be missed as we watch fields strike out a whole bunch. Now I am not saying take a huge chance on crede with his back, but he may go the way Maggs went, big injury and a big comeback with another team. My worry is that the sox really do not judge there farm well. Therefore people on KW 's so called projection board will lead us to low places in this division.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
I'm resigned to the fate we are better off falling way out of it and doing a firesale. Our present is bad either way, at least let's try to help the future.

its not a fire sale when your ten games out. Its reality and smart thinking, only if you can get more than Gavin floyd in return.

What upsets me most is how our Minor League Scouts and Administration have only developed three guys from our system that are still with the club (Buehrle, Fields, Crede) ....that is pathetic.

How do these guys still have jobs? How does Greg Walker?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
Please define "darn good" in terms of third basemen. You do realize there are a lot of great players who play third base, correct?

this is no pissing match, just my opinion. You are entitled to yours. i am not here to convince you but I beleive you will miss him if you have to tolerate our farm system playing in front of 12,ooo fans .

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
We are going to have to go on a Steinbrenner esque spending spree for position players if we are going to be. Our system has pitching, but is as bad as any in baseball for position players, but at least we adressed it today in the draft.

where is the pitching in the system?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:49 PM)
I never thought I'd see the day where I wish Pods was back. Yes, Jerry Owens is that pathetic.

wasn't he on the projection board with andersen and sweeney?

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What upsets me most is how our Minor League Scouts and Administration have only developed three guys from our system that are still with the club (Buehrle, Fields, Crede) ....that is pathetic.

How do these guys still have jobs? How does Greg Walker?

For God's sake, Garland is pratically a Sox prospect. Does Logan not count either? Jenks was acquired thanks to our stupid scouts, likewise with Thornton. All those free agent signings before the 2005 are currently in the lineup as well.

Can someone please explain to me why we're drafting all pitchers when we need about 4-5 positions on the field to be replaced?

Is KW planning to trade all of his pitching prospects to fill needs? Well, that's one way to go about it...as pitchers are the most valuable components of any organization, just not sure I agree with that philosophy or not.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
i know you guys love stats and thats fine but Joe crede is a darn good 3baseman and he will be missed as we watch fields strike out a whole bunch. Now I am not saying take a huge chance on crede with his back, but he may go the way Maggs went, big injury and a big comeback with another team. My worry is that the sox really do not judge there farm well. Therefore people on KW 's so called projection board will lead us to low places in this division.

Joe Crede has a career .259 batting average, .305 on base, .446 slugging, and .750 OPS. Those are all significantly below average for a major league 3rd basement, and i can promise you Josh Fields won't have a damn .305 on base or .750 OPS, yet some fans will rip him since he's not "clutch" like Crede and strikes out too much. Figures.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
For God's sake, Garland is pratically a Sox prospect. Does Logan not count either? Jenks was acquired thanks to our stupid scouts, likewise with Thornton. All those free agent signings before the 2005 are currently in the lineup as well.

Garland was not drafted by us. Logan counts I suppose, but he was pretty much all luck. The guy almost dropped out of baseball completely.

I'm talking about our scouting department DRAFTING players.

They've done a horrible job, and the result is what you're looking at right now on the field.......an AWFUL baseball team.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 01:52 AM)
where is the pitching in the system?

wasn't he on the projection board with andersen and sweeney?

I think KW is the only person associated with baseball who thinks Owens should be playing in the majors. I've never heard anything positive from scouts about him.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone please explain to me why we're drafting all pitchers when we need about 4-5 positions on the field to be replaced?

Is KW planning to trade all of his pitching prospects to fill needs? Well, that's one way to go about it...as pitchers are the most valuable components of any organization, just not sure I agree with that philosophy or not.

If we have an infield problem right now, what makes you think some prospects are going to change it for next year? How about we build up our farm with the best possible players, and use them as trading pieces to fill our holes? Pitching prospects tend to be worth more in the trading market, so I understand where the Sox are coming from.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)

The philosophy of pitching is fine, but to take no position prospects today when that is a HUGE need for us, ugh.

Edited by whitesoxfan101