White Sox vs Yankees, 6/7/07 (L)

Chisoxfn

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:18 PM)
One of the worst at-bats I've ever seen from Konerko. It's really starting to set in how bad this team is.

85 mph fastball, a curve that you can negate by not swinging at it, and a change he bounces in. Not exactly the second coming of Cy Young. But against this team, anyone is Cy Young.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
Shaping up to be another terrible baseball day. Sox lose, Cubs win, Tigers/Indians win....combine that with an average draft, and I'm looking for a positive today.

You don't like the way we drafted?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
Shaping up to be another terrible baseball day. Sox lose, Cubs win, Tigers/Indians win....combine that with an average draft, and I'm looking for a positive today.

MLB went to 5 inning games?

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 01:24 AM)
You don't like the way we drafted?

Nope...we have more pitching depth in the minors than offense, yet we don't draft a single offensive player? The first 3 pitchers we took were fine....the last two were horrible picks. Meanwhile, the Tigers gave themselves a great chance to have an incredible rotation in a few seasons.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
Nope...we have more pitching depth in the minors than offense, yet we don't draft a single offensive player? The first 3 pitchers we took were fine....the last two were horrible picks. Meanwhile, the Tigers gave themselves a great chance to have an incredible rotation in a few seasons.

I like the fact we picked up pitchers. We will get plenty of infielders back when we trade Buerhle in about a month.

The only thing I would of liked was Porcell.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 01:26 AM)
alex cintron is garbage.

he's a problem.

can't field.

definitely can't throw.

what is the point?

We have no other back-up SS. We'll keep trotting him out there, but then make excuses for him that he's hurt. Hell, even last week, they took an MRI to make sure there wasn't any other damage they weren't aware of.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 01:27 AM)
I like the fact we picked up pitchers. We will get plenty of infielders back when we trade Buerhle in about a month.

The only thing I would of liked was Porcell.

We really should trade Dye to the Mets.

I do agree with you there. After all the trades Kenny made in the off-season to acquire the young arms, I thought we'd draft some offense.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

That's my point. We passed the best HS pitcher in the draft because we are cheap (but hey, everybody else is so it's ok I guess according to this board) and we also ignored position players when that is a FAR FAR bigger need than pitching for us. Nobody knows who will be good and who won't, but we ignored all needs and passed on one of few guys everybody seems to agree on in Porcello.

Of course, this is the same crap every year. As I mentioned in another thread who is going to play the field. I suspect we do not like to pay our scouts. We drafted just a ton of pitchers. this whole thing is coming apart in every aspect of the organization. Its amazing at how fast its happening. KW will make a move very soon even though he claims he won't trade just to trade. he will in fact do that to shake things up. This is a nighmare.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 01:30 AM)
Of course, this is the same crap every year. As I mentioned in another thread who is going to play the field. I suspect we do not like to pay our scouts. We drafted just a ton of pitchers. this whole thing is coming apart in every aspect of the organization. Its amazing at how fast its happening. KW will make a move very soon even though he claims he won't trade just to trade. he will in fact do that to shake things up. This is a nighmare.

Look at the team we have on the field tonight, combined with who's in our bullpen. What a disgrace. This team won't even finish .500. The lack of depth in our system is killing us with all these injuries.